To TOR

Hamonic
Bennett
2020 3rd

To CGY

Barrie
Kapanen
Gauthier

Toronto acquires a bit more grit. Both Hamonic and Barrie are on expiring contracts. Bennett is a surplus LW/C and Kapanen give them a RW that they need. Gauthier doesn't seem to be panning out and the salaries exchanged are about the same.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
To TOR

Hamonic
Bennett
2020 3rd

To CGY

Barrie
Kapanen
Gauthier

Toronto acquires a bit more grit. Both Hamonic and Barrie are on expiring contracts. Bennett is a surplus LW/C and Kapanen give them a RW that they need. Gauthier doesn't seem to be panning out and the salaries exchanged are about the same.
Barrie and Kapanen are staying put. Thanks for the offer though.
AJ might be available though, to be honest, I’d rather deal Nylander. (Most Leaf fans would disagree and that’s ok)

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
To TOR

Hamonic
Bennett
2020 3rd

To CGY

Barrie
Kapanen
Gauthier

That's a no. I think most Leafs fans would say we marginally value Barrie above Hamonic and Kap above Bennett. Goat for a 3rd doesn't make up for it.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
ORIGINAL OFFER
:leafs
Hamonic (pending UFA 2020), 3.8m
Jankowski (RFA 2020), 1.675m

:flames
Ceci (pending UFA 2020), 4.5m
Spezza (pending UFA 2020), 700k

Hamonic and Ceci are both rentals. Hamonic doesn't make sense on Calgary's bottom pairing with Brodie and Andersson playing well as the top 4 D. Hamonic could be a great defender alongside Rielly and Muzzin-Barrie as the other pairing. Ceci is Ceci, he'll

Spezza would be a great veteran addition to the Flames in need of a C/RW with a right handed shot. Could play alongside Tkachuk and Lindholm, and both Lindholm/Spezza could take FO draws (mainly Spezza). Jankowski has 0 points (not a typo), but it's very unlike him. A change of scenery could work for him to start producing again. He's also pretty useful on the PK.

I believe the cap roughly works out.

Thoughts?

EDIT - Revised offer:

Kapanen
Ceci

for

Jankowski
Hamonic

The original offer is amazing for the Leafs...second one doesn’t make sense considering Hamonic’s UFA status.

Eastcoaster84

Feb 11, 2018
NS
Don’t think there is a fit here but...

Ceci (has to go for cap)
Hyman or Johnson (roster forward)
Bracco (top forward prospect
And a 2nd preferably 2021

for

hamonic
Bennett

best I can see to keep cap working don’t think Calgary would do it tho and that’s all I think Toronto should part with

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Ceci puts any Leaf player we've roasted on here to shame...he is by far worst then any Leaf we've had in the last little while. That said, I don't think we're looking to move Barrie for peanuts. We basically just sold our heart and soul player to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad