USA
ORIGINAL OFFER
:leafs
Hamonic (pending UFA 2020), 3.8m
Jankowski (RFA 2020), 1.675m

:flames
Ceci (pending UFA 2020), 4.5m
Spezza (pending UFA 2020), 700k

Hamonic and Ceci are both rentals. Hamonic doesn't make sense on Calgary's bottom pairing with Brodie and Andersson playing well as the top 4 D. Hamonic could be a great defender alongside Rielly and Muzzin-Barrie as the other pairing. Ceci is Ceci, he'll

Spezza would be a great veteran addition to the Flames in need of a C/RW with a right handed shot. Could play alongside Tkachuk and Lindholm, and both Lindholm/Spezza could take FO draws (mainly Spezza). Jankowski has 0 points (not a typo), but it's very unlike him. A change of scenery could work for him to start producing again. He's also pretty useful on the PK.

I believe the cap roughly works out.

Thoughts?

EDIT - Revised offer:

Kapanen
Ceci

for

Jankowski
Hamonic

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm a Leaf fan that think this is a bit slanted in our favor.

Toronto likely includes a prospect or something to make it fair.

Reactions: Steeler23

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Would need to be a bigger send to Calgary as they get absolutely nothing of value in this deal ceci would be a 3rd line rd and a below average one at that and spezza would be strictly a 3rd/4th line player used for defensive zone faceoffs and thats about it. (hes 36 years old has no value). I could see something like:

Hamonic
Jankowski

For

Kapanen
Ceci

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Hamonic is quite useful. He's also the Flames most physical shut down guy. They should definitely try to re-sign him. If they are out of the playoffs at the deadline, he'd have significant value as a trade chip.

Why are the Flames trading a piece with value for two negative pieces?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What about Kapanen instead of Spezza as someone proposed?

I do my best not to make homer trades. Just causes riled up emotion, but I guess i did that in reverse :laugh:

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Would need to be a bigger send to Calgary as they get absolutely nothing of value in this deal ceci would be a 3rd line rd and a below average one at that and spezza would be strictly a 3rd/4th line player used for defensive zone faceoffs and thats about it. (hes 36 years old has no value). I could see something like:

Hamonic
Jankowski

For

Kapanen
Ceci

Counter: Hyman instead of Kapanen? You can keep Jankowski if you want. 0 points in 26 games, not sure if he’s a small cap dump to even it out or not.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
giphy.gif

Hamonic alone as a rental is worth more than Ceci and Spezza...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Hamonic is worth more then Ceci and Spezza combined, they aren't even good enough to be on an NHL roster. There's no incentive for the Flames to do this at all.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hamonic is worth more then Ceci and Spezza combined, they aren't even good enough to be on an NHL roster. There's no incentive for the Flames to do this at all.

Spezza has been pretty damn good.. Not his fault Babcock disliked him to start the season. He's also old, so asked to be rested on the 2nd half of back to backs. But when he plays, especially under Keefe, he has been good in a depth role and can move around the lineup.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
We could probably offer the Leafs a bag of pucks and get Ceci and Spezza.

This make's no sense haha

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
its not enough to entice the flames to break up the locker room and the chemistry. Hamonic is loved by teammates, plays well with Hanifin and Treliving loves his character. Hes a very likeable guy and does alot in CGY too. Also a western Canada boy and being out west was a priority a couple years ago.

I expect the flames to offer him a 3 year extension this year, player probably wants 5+, and hopefully they meet in the middle. Something like 4 more years at his current cap hit would be awesome for both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad