Proposal: Toronto - Calgary

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
To Calgary: 2018 1st rounder, Bracco

To Toronto: Rasmus Andersson

Flames get a pick back that they lost for Hamonic, leafs get a young RHD who fits with their team.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Nope.

Even if the value was fair why would the Flames trade a prospect that they've spent years developing that looks almost NHL ready?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I’d do that all day. I like Kapanen.
The Leafs are in an odd spot, we need to be cautious until the big 3 are signed. The way its looking is we will be able to go hard after a vet D with 1 yr left on their deal. Then hopefully by 2019/20 Lilj is able to step in.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
No thanks. Rasmus is an exciting prospect for the Flames and will eventually allow them to trade a blueline asset.

The mystery box trade makes no sense when Rasmus is NHL ready.

Reactions: Rockmorton

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think Bracco is a little underrated as a prospect. A year from now this proposal might seem a little more attractive for the Flames. He's progressing well even with limited ice time because Keefe gives more time to the vets.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I think Bracco is a little underrated as a prospect. A year from now this proposal might seem a little more attractive for the Flames. He's progressing well even with limited ice time because Keefe gives more time to the vets.
If he hits his ceiling he will be a very dynamic offensive player, high risk he doesn't though so ya I would rather hold onto him as you won't get good value anyways

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Flames fans here might be saying no but I think the Flames management likely says yes to this. They don't seem to have a lot of faith in Andresson for whatever reason judging by all the sub-par d-men they played ahead of him.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The Flames fans here might be saying no but I think the Flames management likely says yes to this. They don't seem to have a lot of faith in Andresson for whatever reason judging by all the sub-par d-men they played ahead of him.

Top AHL minutes > playing as 7th defenseman sitting in the press box. You really don’t know what’s going on.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Everything in your post is fiction. The Flames have said multiple times that they're very high on him, however they wanted to give him every opportunity to develop. They had questions about his conditioning, but were fairly happy with that last year, though they did say he could do more.

The Flames don't do it, because frankly the first round draft pick is lower in the first round and Andersson is currently going to be better then the mystery box, and while Bracco is ok, he's not a sure fix for their top 6, he's got questions as well.

so no thanks, the Flames aren't trading Andersson for questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad