Post-Game Talk: Toronto barely loses to carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
not too mad. they had a phantom 5 on 3, we win otherwise. outplayed them thoroughly for most of the game. add ROR to this line up we probably score another goal too.

and matthews is back.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
That was the best the 2nd place team could play and I can confidently say that if the leafs played them 7 games in a row there’s no way Carolina wins.

I’m fine with that loss. Bounces don’t go in favour of one team

It happens

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
But for real, this was a very impressive performance for the Leafs against a Carolina team that spams shots

Matthews being healthy and dominant is the best possible news this team could have. If he's like this against Tampa I really like our chances

With that said....the goaltending is such a wild card and very concerning. Who knows what we get

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Still a good effort, just not quite enough finish and not nearly enough goaltending. As much as I don't really trust our other defensemen to move the puck, I also have no faith in Liljegren+Rielly in their own end
Question is why were they on the ice in that situation?

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Liljegren is cooked. What he had going for the majority of the season he can’t get back. Keefe called him out, scratched him, he’s missing his buddies and he’s ruined now. I doubt he will right the ship before Game 1. Maybe next year Keefe (or whoever is coach at this rate) will just let him play his game and not make a big thing about his roster spot being in jeopardy for no reason.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Barely lost, just call it a win

1673715283537431.gif

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Well we didn’t get the win and we didn’t get the 2 points but what a great “ moral victory” because we played great for a while…….other then the 4 goals against

Reactions: Teeder Keon

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
But for real, this was a very impressive performance for the Leafs against a Carolina team that spams shots

Matthews being healthy and dominant is the best possible news this team could have. If he's like this against Tampa I really like our chances

With that said....the goaltending is such a wild card and very concerning. Who knows what we get
Upset with the result, but effort was good. Still you'd like a point there

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Goaltending (yes including Samsonov) and defense are not up to the standard in comparison to other contenders.

Yeah our D takes breaks and has lapses way too often.

Holl is always a bit off positionally, Reilly seems to never tie up his man.

JT is good but at times he can’t keep up with the plays the other forwards do.

Not too disappointed. Carolina is a good team and we win this battle more often than not.

Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad