Eklund Rumor: Toronto and Montreal in on Vanek

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So we got nothing else to talk about so I'm posting this. Eklund has Toronto and Montreal in on Vanek while Detroit is out according to Eklund which means he will be in Detroit in a week .

Montreal does need scoring but where would he play in Toronto?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Like we have too many speed demons? We want to get slower?

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Eklund linking a free agent to the two biggest markets in the NHL?...never seen before :sarcasm:

Toronto doesnt need him. We might have some interest but where would he fit? We already have Gallagher, Shaw and Hemsky on the RW with Drouin as an option as well..even Galchenyuk played some games on the RW last season.

We need a top 2 center...enough with the wingers

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
How does he base his rumours, anyways? Does he actually overhear the GMs talking on their phones?

One thing is clear, he does not know what anyone's Cap situation is. We can't even resign Brown until the day before the season starts. It is literally impossible for us to sign Vanek for more than 400k. If he is willing to play for us at 400k I would take a chance on him.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Report: Leafs in on every single player that doesn't fit their only position of need, defense. This has been going on for over 15 years and its the sole reason why the franchise is the laughing stock of the league.

Icing Marincin/Marchyenko in the top-6 for the playoffs was a garbage move by management, you need 7 NHL defenseman for a playoff run and they didn't have that quantity, Marleau cap hit was a garbage signing at the incorrect position again.

Even with a "can't screw up" core, the management group is screwing up a lot.

Here's to another fantastic chance to win the cup (with insane production on ELC contracts) pissed down the tube because of a blatant failure to address the only position of need. JVR, Bozak, Leo or some combination of them will be lost for free, and 2 fantastic opportunities will have been pissed down the drain due to incompetence.

Sorry leaf fans. Maybe next year.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Vanek would need a 30 second head start to get down the ice at the same time as the young Leafs.
0% chance he's signed

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Report: Leafs in on every single player that doesn't fit their only position of need, defense. This has been going on for over 15 years and its the sole reason why the franchise is the laughing stock of the league.

Icing Marincin/Marchyenko in the top-6 for the playoffs was a garbage move by management, you need 7 NHL defenseman for a playoff run and they didn't have that quantity, Marleau cap hit was a garbage signing at the incorrect position again.

Even with a "can't screw up" core, the management group is screwing up a lot.

Here's to another fantastic chance to win the cup (with insane production on ELC contracts) pissed down the tube because of a blatant failure to address the only position of need. JVR, Bozak, Leo or some combination of them will be lost for free, and 2 fantastic opportunities will have been pissed down the drain due to incompetence.

Sorry leaf fans. Maybe next year.

You're way too into this. Dial it back, kid.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He'd basically be a worse JVR. Great on the PP, and needs to be sheltered 5v5 to be effective.

I mean, obvious issue is we have $1M~ to sign Brown (which is obviously not going to happen). This would make some sense if hes making about 1M, and JVR is traded.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He'd basically be a worse JVR. Great on the PP, and needs to be sheltered 5v5 to be effective.

I mean, obvious issue is we have $1M~ to sign Brown (which is obviously not going to happen). This would make some sense if hes making about 1M, and JVR is traded.

JVR can skate like the wind and keep with with plays. Vanek's skating is laboured at best.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
But...why?
but-why-gif-5.gif

Top 9 wing positions for the leafs: Marleau, Nylander, Jvr, Marner, Komarov, Brown....

His content went from potential clickbait to legit head-scratchers.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
JVR can skate like the wind and keep with with plays. Vanek's skating is laboured at best.

I'm aware, and i know they play nothing alike. I only compared them because they're both good/great on the PP, but have to be sheltered 5v5 to be legitimately effective.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Toronto has so many forwards and Vanek does not play center so no help for the Habs...so ya like most any of his rumors it's all bull.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
But...why?
but-why-gif-5.gif

Top 9 wing positions for the leafs: Marleau, Nylander, Jvr, Marner, Komarov, Brown....

His content went from potential clickbait to legit head-scratchers.

Don't forget Kapanen, Rychel, Hyman who all have an opportunity to be in the Top-9.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00