Confirmed with Link: [TOR/WSH] Nicolas Deschamps traded to the Washington Capitals for Kevin Marshall

Khobahi

Feb 13, 2013
Canada
This could be one of those dominoes situations.

well i think everyone is aware we need to make room on our NHL roster.

1) for Lupul.
2) Gardiner

So this could be very true. Filling a D spot on our depleted Marlies team (who is mostly using 5 d atm giving Gardiner 30+ mins). I expect to see a trade or 2 in then next few days on the main squad.

**** 2ndary Theory.

JML is in the game tonight to prove he can still play up to NHL quality after a month in the press box. IF JML plays well today i see him traded within the week.

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
FINALLY! I've been calling for this trade for years now. Tough to lose Deschamps, but Marshall is the perfect guy to have as in the 14th spot of the defensive depth chart (not counting Paul Ranger in the chart).

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Mark Fraser was also considered "spare parts" not too long ago.....sometimes it is about being in the right place and having the correct mentorship.

For some, getting to the NHL can take a while....

I think you misunderstood.

'ForSpareParts' was the name of the poster who stated Deschamps was better than Kadri. Yes, that actually happened.

As for the trade...

#freeKevinMarshall

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
FINALLY! I've been calling for this trade for years now. Tough to lose Deschamps, but Marshall is the perfect guy to have as in the 14th spot of the defensive depth chart (not counting Paul Ranger in the chart).

You called this trade for years?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
watched marshall in philly. If he gets coached properly somewhat like fraser he will be a force to reckoned with. Tough guy.

tinfoilcup

Feb 10, 2004
I hope ForSpareParts comes into this thread and tells us all what a huge mistake this trade is.

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Brad Ross has earned an offensive full time spot I guess. This trade helps the Marlies and helps our young prospects get ice time.

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Marlies need to score, trade scorer for stay at home defenceman, when they already have 8D on the roster and expect to get 2 more from Junior at some point.

Something's up. Expect another move in the near future

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Brad Ross has earned an offensive full time spot I guess. This trade helps the Marlies and helps our young prospects get ice time.

Brad Ross has played well after coming back from his injury, its really good to see the Marlies clearing some space for him.

I wait to see how this helps the team. I watched the game last night and you could see how shaky Yeo looked so some depth could help.

Jacob8hockey*

Marlies need to score, trade scorer for stay at home defenceman, when they already have 8D on the roster and expect to get 2 more from Junior at some point.

Whats up with Connolly? I saw he only had didn't have many games played. Is he injured or am i missing something?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008

Youve got connex, what've you heard? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad