Confirmed with Link: [TOR/WSH] Nicolas Deschamps traded to the Washington Capitals for Kevin Marshall

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Whats up with Connolly? I saw he only had didn't have many games played. Is he injured or am i missing something?

Was hurt, playing now. Actually dropped the gloves yesterday for the first time as a pro. Honestly, the guys around him aren't at his level and when he goes to feed them they often dont' know what to do with it, or aren't in the spot an NHLer would be, which has lead to him shooting more. He's playing alright, but for that reason, not producing.

Youve got connex, what've you heard? :naughty:

Want to know how useless connections and sources are for this? A few of us were talking about Deschamps for a variety of reasons, and not a single person was like "hey, he may be on the outs" :laugh:

Just like the lockout - so many NHL guys around the rink, so much opinion, yet the day the deal was reached, nobody in the media room knew anything that afternoon

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Dallas Eakins ‏@dallaseakins

Thank you and good luck to Nicolas Deschamps. Hard working, dedicated kid who will eventually get a shot at the big time.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
An experienced D to cover the minutes once Gardiner is called up. Good move.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Nice trade for the Leafs.

Never hurts having a young defender like Marshall in the system.

Another trade that could pay off along the lines of the one for Mark Fraser.

He's strong, mobile and can make an outlet pass.

Should help the Marlies depth and if put in the right system (a Carlyle system?), he could be a depth NHL defender some day.

He'd be nice to pair with the likes of a Gardiner or Morgan Reilly when he's brought up.

Last edited:

number72

Oct 9, 2011
I'm really like the moves Nonis is making to clean up for Burke's many mistakes that Burke was too stubborn to address (Connolly, Lombardi and Deschamps). Now he just needs to make a few more problems but good progress

leafspring*

Marlies need to score, trade scorer for stay at home defenceman, when they already have 8D on the roster and expect to get 2 more from Junior at some point.

Something's up. Expect another move in the near future

Very near future.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I'm really like the moves Nonis is making to clean up for Burke's many mistakes that Burke was too stubborn to address (Connolly, Lombardi and Deschamps). Now he just needs to make a few more problems but good progress

Maybe its just me, but i really dont see the Deschamps "mistake" on the same level as the other two. If its even a mistake at all.

And considering Franson is having a quite a good year, im willing to live with the year of Lombardi on the team.

leafspring*

An experienced D to cover the minutes once Gardiner is called up. Good move.

Gardiner isn't getting called up yet. He is working on his defensive/positional game with the Marlies.He is learning still don't forget.

leafspring*

Maybe its just me, but i really dont see the Deschamps "mistake" on the same level as the other two. If its even a mistake at all.

And considering Franson is having a quite a good year, im willing to live with the year of Lombardi on the team.

Your right.To bring Deschamps into it is nitpickin at its finest imo.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site

How the hell was Burke's Deschamp trade a "mistake"? :laugh: Luca Caputi was a nobody and still is a nobody.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Whiners gonna whine. Realists gonna real.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Was hurt, playing now. Actually dropped the gloves yesterday for the first time as a pro. Honestly, the guys around him aren't at his level and when he goes to feed them they often dont' know what to do with it, or aren't in the spot an NHLer would be, which has lead to him shooting more. He's playing alright, but for that reason, not producing.

Want to know how useless connections and sources are for this? A few of us were talking about Deschamps for a variety of reasons, and not a single person was like "hey, he may be on the outs" :laugh:

Just like the lockout - so many NHL guys around the rink, so much opinion, yet the day the deal was reached, nobody in the media room knew anything that afternoon
Last season against Brad Marshand?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad