Proposal: [TOR - WSH] Blockbender!

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Komarov is not worth a 1st in any draft. Even during his warm streak last season he wasn't worth a 1st.

If we retain 50% and it's a bargain deadline deal his value would be higher than you think. I think it's an actual possibility. Komarov brings more to the game than the stat sheet suggests.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If we retain 50% and it's a bargain deadline deal his value would be higher than you think. I think it's an actual possibility. Komarov brings more to the game than the stat sheet suggests.

There are many ways to skin a fish. The leafs could hold back 2m on that contract and load up the penguins again. The Pens could possibly take it the next two years and just crank up the value of the team and then sell high. Be the ultimate FU to other league owners and they would obviously start declining as the leafs begin to peak. Could also do that for Chicago.

I just posted the offer going around on our board. Personally I think Chicago or the Pens are the logical choice and they have the most incentive to overpay. Pits especially.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

Higher than I think is a lot lower than a 1st. ;)

Sure Gaustad + 4th once returned a 1st (5 years ago) but I doubt youre going to find many career 0.4pt/gm players that have ever been traded for 1sts at the deadline (Gaustad was 0.37 and that trade is now the example of an astronomically foolish overpay). Retention on a guy with essentially a 3rd line ceiling means less than you think.

d99gr81

Dec 30, 2006
JVR would not fit the Caps system. He has no interest in back checking and playing the defensive side of the game. The Caps easily pass on this. Would rather have Bowey and Burakovsky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad