Confirmed with Link: [TOR/STL] TOR trades 25 (Dominik Bokk) to STL for 29 (Rasmus Sandin) + 76 (Semyon Der-Arguchintsev)

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You insinuated that Dubas has screwed up and is getting taken advantage of because he has no reputation. That is simply not the case.

You also said the trade was a bad one when you don't even know who we end up with yet from both pics.

Remember when we traded down and ended up with Dermott? I guess Kyle didn't know what he was doing there either. Ffs let the picks be made before you start throwing waffles.
we didn't need to trade down too get Dermott and we didn't get nearly the value for trading down than the team a few picks before us did

but hey it's all good because Dubas can do no wrong

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
we didn't need to trade down too get Dermott and we didn't get nearly the value for trading down than the team a few picks before us did

but hey it's all good because Dubas can do no wrong

It's not anything to do with "Dubas can do no wrong"

It's about seeing the whole picture rather then shooting the f***ing artist
after a few brush strokes.

Apparently to you and the other whiners posting. ..Dubas can do no right. Get a grip and see the **** you are shovelling.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
You insinuated that Dubas has screwed up and is getting taken advantage of because he has no reputation. That is simply not the case.

You also said the trade was a bad one when you don't even know who we end up with yet from both pics.

Remember when we traded down and ended up with Dermott? I guess Kyle didn't know what he was doing there either. Ffs let the picks be made before you start throwing waffles.

Yes absolutely I will repeat myself again and even if the 76th pick turns out to be a depth guy I would still say the same that the difference between 22 and 25 should not be 28 whopping picks. Picking a player DOES NOT matter when you look at the trade.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That 20-40 tier looks pretty close Bert

If you can get a guy you like and another asset it's worth it

Dubas confirmed that they had a handful of guys they liked at #25 and so the move back made sense. Got the extra 3rd rounder. I won't complaint too much but I really felt they could get another 2nd by moving back.

Reactions: Menzinger

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I would have traded down some more. So many good players still available.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Dubas confirmed that they had a handful of guys they liked at #25 and so the move back made sense. Got the extra 3rd rounder. I won't complaint too much but I really felt they could get another 2nd by moving back.

I would have hoped for something in the 60's but I think a lot of the other teams felt the same way we did so the value wasn't there to drive up the price

Reactions: Menzinger

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's not anything to do with "Dubas can do no wrong"

It's about seeing the whole picture rather then shooting the ****ing artist
after a few brush strokes.

Apparently to you and the other whiners posting. ..Dubas can do no right. Get a grip and see the **** you are shovelling.
Arguing with this dude and Cynick is a waste of time. The most stubborn posters by a country mile who can never admit being wrong.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I would have hoped for something in the 60's but I think a lot of the other teams felt the same way we did so the value wasn't there to drive up the price

The problem is it's entirely dependent on the team looking to move up. To move back a few spots, there are only a handful of teams within range that it makes sense and still allow you to get the guy you want, then you have to eliminate those who aren't interested in moving up.

If the Blues were the only team who could offer a first round pick and wanted to move up, the Leafs didn't have much leeway to try to negotiate a better deal. You either take the deal or you draft at 25.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Not many teams behind you from 25 on, if the other teams don't offer a 2nd, then you take the best offer.

Reactions: Lauro

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Great job Dubas!

I didn't know anything about any of these players... but it looks like he made a good pick to me! Smart move picking up the extra 3rd.

Hopefully we have another Dermott type of situation here.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The demand just wasn't there by 25...I honestly don't understand how people can be so critical of something they know nothing about

Sortsnet had a nice chart outlining the % of draft picks having NHL careers

1st round picks - 56%
2nd - 12%
3rd - 9%
4th - 6%
5th - 9%

I dont remember the rest. I think we bettered our odds of hoping to find a gem or NHL regular

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Sortsnet had a nice chart outlining the % of draft picks having NHL careers

1st round picks - 56%
2nd - 12%
3rd - 9%
4th - 6%
5th - 9%

I dont remember the rest. I think we bettered our odds of hoping to find a gem or NHL regular

Odds mean nothing to the individual. We got Dermott in the 2nd round. Johnsson and Engvall in the 7th round

edit: wait, I don't understand the point you are making

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
sounds like Sandin could play on the Marlies next year, wonder if we see 2 Swedes together as a pairing next season, RHD Liljegren and LHD Sandin. Sandin played with Liljegren in Sweden for Rogle BK. But my guess is he will play for Rogle next season.

Last edited:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The third round pick they got back seemed low. In comparison, the Rangers moved from 26 to 22 and gave up the 48th to Ottawa. Ours was firmly in that range and our compensation was only the 76th pick. Would have wanted something in the low 2nd or topped it up with another 4th or 5th rounder for the trouble.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Some of these early comments are comedy gold...its worth it for me to read through just for the silliness.

In other news, sounds like a decent deal - but who knows better than Dubas? Not me......

Reactions: Lauro

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Odds mean nothing to the individual. We got Dermott in the 2nd round. Johnsson and Engvall in the 7th round

edit: wait, I don't understand the point you are making

I am saying that all who are picked in the 1st round or 2nd round dont always end up having NHL careers

1. Karlsson picked 15th overall is a generational player
2. Kucherov picked in the 2nd round is a superstar
3. Datsyuk/Zetterberg picked later turned out to be super stars
4. Keith (CHI) was drafted in the 2nd round
5. Johnsson we drafted him in the 7th round
6. Brown we drafted him in the 6th round
etc....

Basically, by trading down Dubas has given himself better odds. Instead of picking just once he gets two chances in the 3rd round to hopefully find a gem or regular NHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad