Confirmed with Link: [TOR/STL] TOR trades 25 (Dominik Bokk) to STL for 29 (Rasmus Sandin) + 76 (Semyon Der-Arguchintsev)

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The theory hinges on the idea that SDA is underdeveloped and given his age his stats should be treated as a D -1 player. In that case he would be a first round pick in 2019.

It's a reach. He needs to add about 20 lbs of pure muscle. Realistically he has maybe a 10% chance of playing in the NHL.

Personally I think there were better options on the table at 76 such as Lauko, Ranta, McLaughlin, Shafigullin and Dostal.

There's plenty of upside with SDP though, we made 9 picks and we took some safer guys so if Dubas wants to take a major cut, low chance of working out risk in the 3rd its probably worth a shot

Reactions: Menzinger

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
:thumbu::thumbu:Judging by a lot of fan reactions to this and jt jokes, it seams that many of fans bring up the leafs more than the isles when talking about trying to win the jt sweepstakes in this thread if you read back.

Maybe just maybe the leafs aren’t as out of it like so many people say and think.:cool:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
:thumbu::thumbu:Judging by a lot of fan reactions to this and jt jokes, it seams that many of fans bring up the leafs more than the isles when talking about trying to win the jt sweepstakes in this thread if you read back.

Maybe just maybe the leafs aren’t as out of it like so many people say and think.:cool:

The problem is that just about every major free agent from the GTA uses negotiations with the leafs as a bargaining chip to extract more from an American team. Smart business but very few players seem to truly enjoy the spotlight of Toronto.

That's why Clark, Gilmour and Sundin were so special. They had the maturity to handle fans and the media in a professional manner and wanted to be in a hockey dominant market.

Kessel couldn't cope. Stamkos couldn't cope with the idea let alone the reality. So far I think Matthews has done well.

Tavares? Who Knows? We'll find out.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
There's plenty of upside with SDP though, we made 9 picks and we took some safer guys so if Dubas wants to take a major cut, low chance of working out risk in the 3rd its probably worth a shot

I agree that SDA has mad skills not unlike Denisenko so the upside is there but I think there were safer picks available like Shafigullin that had equal upside.

I'm not going to agree with every pick the leafs made but I loved the Sandin, Durzi and Kral picks. Really solid D for the future.

Reactions: uncleben

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I would not expect Bracco or Dzierkals to have significant NHL careers.

Considering the praise he's gotten from his coach, I say Bracco will be a top six winger, probably by the time he's 25. Good enough for a significant NHL career.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Considering the praise he's gotten from his coach, I say Bracco will be a top six winger, probably by the time he's 25. Good enough for a significant NHL career.
If it takes him until he's 25, than we will have probably lost him to waivers or he'll be in the press box Leivo style. Coaches praise players all the time who don't make it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I agree that SDA has mad skills not unlike Denisenko so the upside is there but I think there were safer picks available like Shafigullin that had equal upside.

I'm not going to agree with every pick the leafs made but I loved the Sandin, Durzi and Kral picks. Really solid D for the future.

Some of our picks made me scratch my head but I'm willing to give it a couple of years before I make a decision on this draft

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
If it takes him until he's 25, than we will have probably lost him to waivers or he'll be in the press box Leivo style. Coaches praise players all the time who don't make it.

Some people actually pay attention to how players perform when they are placed in a position to excel. Others like to look at a glass and say anything put in it is worthless if its not at least 21 year old single malt scotch. To each their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->