Proposal: [TOR/STL] Blockbuster

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Once again we are good just to keep him.

Again, I don't have a problem with that. Not only do I think trading for Piets as a 1.5 year rental is stupid, when he's potentially available as an empty wallet. But I'm not giving Nylander + 1st + Liljegren/Sandin + for that, nor do I think he would ever fetch anything close to that on the open market. Obviously, it takes two to tangle and no one has suggested the Blues have to trade him either.

The problem you and other Blue fans seem to think is that all of us Leaf fans are generalized into 1 group.

Realize again how big our fanbase is and how absurd/diverse opinions are, especially on the extreme end.

Read around the boards and see how much venom is spewed towards guys like Nylander by our own fan base now with his contract holdout, or idiotic fantasy proposals we see everyday; it's almost as if despite seeing a stupid proposal that sort of agitates opposing fanbases a tad, it might make many other Leaf fans themselves annoyed.

Leaf fans can be polarizing, to opposing fanbases, and their own.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Again, I don't have a problem with that. Not only do I think trading for Piets as a 1.5 year rental is stupid, when he's potentially available as an empty wallet. But I'm not giving Nylander + 1st + Liljegren/Sandin + for that, nor do I think he would ever fetch anything close to that on the open market.

Agreed. Colt is going to be absolutely shocked if Pie is dealt, because St. Louis won't get anything in this ballpark. There is no one out there looking to give up a Nylander type player for 1.5 years of a declining top 10 defenceman who is playing the worst hockey of his career.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Take out Schenn and it starts to get close.

No way in hell does a defenseman with a year and a half left on his deal get that type of return, regardless who it is. Check out the Karlsson deal for perspective.

The package below is as high as it goes. If that doesn't get it done then the Leafs move on.

Kapanen
Liljegren
1st

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
That’s fine. They totally don’t have to trade him and can resign him. But folks on here just need to have a realistic understanding given his contract status and age of the type of package he is going to return if traded.

Sure and that's fine. Blues fans will continue to push back on this however because most of us aren't even slightly interested in trading him and we have a GM actually capable of pulling off a hockey trade if we did decide to. We don't want the Leafs spare parts, we'd rather just keep our top D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad