Confirmed with Link: (TOR/SJS) James Reimer + Jeremy Morin for Alex Stalock + Ben Smith + Cond. 4th 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end I doubt Reimer even comes back. If he continues to play well in San Jose he'll have some options to ponder.

I'm fine with us being done with the Bernier and Reimer show if it comes to that. Need to keep looking for the long-term solution in net and not just bouncing back to the same two guys.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I don't, that's not great value. They got fair value for Polak and Spaling, but were far from fair value for Reimer. They should have been able to get a high end prospect from them, not some cheap 4th round pick. Matthias got more than Reimer did. That's saying something.

I honestly don't see the value in this trade, they could have done better. That was an abysmal return.

First trade Lou has made that I didn't like. Any Gm could of gotten that value for Reimer. He was worth a 2nd.

The return was expected. Oddly, some people thought the return would be a 4th and used the Halak trade as a reference.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Who cares man

What would you rather have a 4th rd pick or nothing? Easy choice for me

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
3 shutouts in 8 games?

Good for him....where was he when Bernier went down a few seasons ago and we ended up missing the playoffs because he couldn't put together one good game besides the LA game he took over for Bernier.....Game 7 against the Bruins, he couldn't catch a damn puck and was one of the main reasons we choked that game away.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I love Reimer and hope he does well but it was definitely the right move.

It was time to get something for him. He wasn't re-signing and we weren't pushing for a playoff spot. What would have been the point of keeping him?

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Good for him....where was he when Bernier went down a few seasons ago and we ended up missing the playoffs because he couldn't put together one good game besides the LA game he took over for Bernier.....Game 7 against the Bruins, he couldn't catch a damn puck and was one of the main reasons we choked that game away.

Team sport. He's not price where he can mask a horrible team. He's just a good goalie who is not playing well on a good team.

81Reasons

Nov 21, 2013
Team sport. He's not price where he can mask a horrible team. He's just a good goalie who is not playing well on a good team.

Yeah it's clear he isn't to the level of Price, but this team has way more flaws than the habs as well. I think he time under Babcocks system and on a quality team like the Sharks showed that he was capable of providing #1 quality starts.

He's better than others gave him credit for, is certainly as good or better than Bernier and that is with the Leafs stunting his development for a few years.

He'll enjoy his role with the Sharks, probably sign with a team like Calgary this summer and then have a nice 6 to 8 years in the NHL. Considering he was playing for a job (even a back up position) in the NHL next year it is a really nice season for him. His detractors (Bernier lovers) can take heart because maybe Bernier is capable of playing in the NHL as well.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

Recovering from 4 or 5 head shots?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Or the fact that Boston possessed the puck for the last 15 minutes of the game and totally dominated every single one our skaters?

Reimer was the only reason we got to game 7. He stole game 6

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Thats three shutouts that would put us higher in the standings.

No problem in bringing him back after his playoff experience in SJ.

Leaf Warrior

Jan 16, 2015
This is how Reimer plays with a competent team in front of him...

GP GS W L T OT SA GA GAA Sv%
SJS 8 8 6 2 0 0 208 13 1.62 195 .938 3

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
This is how Reimer plays with a competent team in front of him...

GP GS W L T OT SA GA GAA Sv%
SJS 8 8 6 2 0 0 208 13 1.62 195 .938 3

Small sample size there. Reimer has gone on similar runs on less than stellar teams in the past only to hit slumps that even things out a bit. That said, I am very happy for him, was always rooting for him in Toronto and will do so for him wherever he goes (except when he plays the Leafs).

Moonman

Jul 3, 2015
Reimer has, and always will be, underrated by the majority of leafs fans.

oh, and game 7... not his fault. we stopped playing at 4-1.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Small sample size there. Reimer has gone on similar runs on less than stellar teams in the past only to hit slumps that even things out a bit. That said, I am very happy for him, was always rooting for him in Toronto and will do so for him wherever he goes (except when he plays the Leafs).

I don't remember who said it but playoffs aren't always decided by who the best team is, but rather which team is the hottest. This goaltending is the kind that leads to upsets. I wanna see SJ go far, so I can see Reimer prove his doubters wrong and also see Boston's pick falter.

reza87

Jun 29, 2010

He was somewhere behind Mark Fraser and Cody Franson. :popcorn:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't remember who said it but playoffs aren't always decided by who the best team is, but rather which team is the hottest. This goaltending is the kind that leads to upsets. I wanna see SJ go far, so I can see Reimer prove his doubters wrong and also see Boston's pick falter.

I am one of his doubters, and I never thought he couldn't have a terrific post-season. I just don't think he can be consistent enough to be a solution for us, and that doesn't change because he's on another great stretch.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So since the trade, Reimer has played 8 games and Jones 9.

And Reimer has been much better.

Is he the starter come playoffs? probably should be.

p.s.

1.Elliott 40gms, .931
2.Bishop 60gms, .927
3.Crawford 57gms, .926
4.Neuvirth 31gms, .925
5.Greiss 39gms, .924
6.Schneider 57gms, .923
7.Holtby 64gms, .922
8.Luongo 61gms, .922
9.Reimer 40gms, .922
10.Lundqvist 64gms, .921

Even Strength

1.Reimer 40gms, .938
2.Luongo 61gms, .936
3.Elliott 40gms, .936
4.Lundqvist 64gms, .935
5.Crawford 57gms, .935
6.Schneider 57gms, .933
7.Mason 52gms, .933
8.Neuvirth 31gms, .932
9.Bishop 60gms, .931
10.Greiss 39gms, .931

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Alright, Reimer is no longer a Leaf and there's no need to keep bumping this thread to discuss him. I'm locking this, any comments about Reimer can go in the Around the League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad