Confirmed with Link: TOR signs Tyler Ennis [1 x 650K]

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I don’t like this signing. Another small winger, who has suffered a lot of injuries and probably broken down at this moment. His production suffered as result.
He was bought out by wild. I don’t see how he can help us defensively either. I don’t believe this particular reclamation project has any chance for success, sorry.

Don't you think thats kind of the point though? Guys like Ennis can just skate right past almost every 4th line in the NHL. If it doesn't work out' he's 650k. But I'd take him on my team every day of the week over Komarov. I don't think Ennis has ever played 4th line competition before in his life.

upload_2018-7-6_12-11-18.png

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Leafs ink Ennis to one-year, $650K deal

https://www.tsn.ca/leafs-ink-ennis-to-one-year-650k-deal-1.1132725

The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed forward Tyler Ennis
to a one-year deal worth $650 thousand, the team announced on Friday.
The @MapleLeafs have signed forward
to a one-year contract worth $650,000. #TMLtalk
— Leafs PR (@LeafsPR) July 6, 2018
Ennis appeared in 73 games last season for the Minnesota Wild and scored eight goals and 14 assists with a minus-1 rating.
The 28-year-old spent one season with the Wild after playing parts of eight seasons with the Buffalo Sabres.
He was selected 26th overall at the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
I don’t like this signing. Another small winger, who has suffered a lot of injuries and probably broken down at this moment. His production suffered as result.
He was bought out by wild. I don’t see how he can help us defensively either. I don’t believe this particular reclamation project has any chance for success, sorry.
And if he doesn't succeed, there's no skin off the Leafs' or Marlies' back. It's low-risk signing.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
its not a toughness or size signing but imo hes still better than leivo and grundstrom next season...at least he can still skate, and thats important, and have some skills

Last edited:

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Dubas trolling the Sabres now - he also signed Giorgio Estephan to a Marlies contract.

Ennis was a wreck his final season in Buffalo, two concussions, he should have never come back from the first. He was clumsy on the ice, it was very noticeable that he wasn't right. Very skilled quick water bug, low hockey IQ, stickhandles himself into corners, hangs on to the puck too long hence the nickname Afinogennis.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Great value on an insurance/lottery ticket combo with huge (if unlikely) potential payoff. Our LW depth was not fitting for a contender

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Cool. Either way hes playing for the marlies. We have several better wingers

We have several better wingers on the Marlies too. I think he is on the Leafs next year, but he will be the competition for Leivo and will likely end up as a 14th forward. I do not see why the Leafs would play him over developing Timashov, Marchment and Grundstrom, and he's worse than Greening in all of the things we need him for. Cracknell makes more sense for the Marlies, as he could be the 4th line center over Ferguson next year.

Leafs
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Leivo (or Ennis)-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen
Gauthier/Ennis

Marlies
Grundstrom-Jooris-Bracco
Timashov-Mueller-Engvall
Marchment-Brooks-Moore
Greening-Cracknell-Dzierkals
LW Clune/C Ferguson/RW Piccinich

Growlers
Clark-Plouffe-Pooley
Molino-Bradley-O'Brien
Elyniuk-Estephan-Pospisil
Moore-Kestner

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Interesting....

A trade is happening unless maroon takes a discount in that scenario.

lipstickjunkie

Jan 5, 2017
Excellent signing. No risk, high reward. Injuries really derailed this kid's career, but man he has a TON of skill. I watched him his entire career in Medicine Hat and some of the things he could do were unreal. I remember when he scored six goals in a game. For $650,000, why not?

Reactions: Mork

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
What's there not to like? If he works out, we just got a useful player for $650K on a 1 year deal. If he doesn't, who cares, it's only $650K in a year we have plenty of cap space in.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Interesting....

They've been shopping Leivo and a goaltender (or two). The sense is that there will be some minor changes in the depth and secondary pieces.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Always nice to have a guy to trade at the deadline for whatever pick/and or help a guy get his career back on track after injuries.
Play well on the Marlies and he might be worth a 3rd.
Play well, stay healthy and someone might give you a contract next year.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
They've been shopping Leivo and a goaltender (or two). The sense is that there will be some minor changes in the depth and secondary pieces.

So sign Maroon for 2 x 2.5 and then deal Leivo/goalie for a 3rd pair RHD?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He’s a LW? Hmm could be bad news for Leivo.

Good competition for the kids too. Would be nice if he had some size though. Depth signing, nothing more

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Ennis was amazing when he won gold at the worlds with canada in 2015 and it's sad to see how far injuries have crippled him.

Don't count him out yet though....

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Literally no risk whatsoever being on a 1 year deal, additional depth, I think he'll crack the 4th line. Wish Dubas would improve the D a little bit, we should be going all in this year.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Interesting....

Maroon? he is a legit target? f*** me they are trying a whole new way to play in the NHL 5 forwards and a goalie. WE have to have a trade coming up, I sincerely hope its not Nylander. Any winger but nylander (or marner, goes without saying).

Leivo and brown and a pick for something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad