Confirmed with Link: TOR signs F Yegor Korshkov to 2 year ELC

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Prior to the trade to LA, I thought Grundstrom would have made the team next season. Would be great if Korshkov could bring similar elements of skill, sandpaper and size to next season's Leafs. Think there's a good opportunity at hand.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Korshkov last night was more physical than Grundstrom was in his Marlies tenure.

Let’s hope he brings that every night and continues to produce, not a bad skater, but if he improves his first few steps and adds 20lbs in the next couple years (hard to do both, I know) we could have a valuable player.

It’s one game and I’m still not pencilling him in anywhere, but I liked what I saw.

Reactions: Saint Blue

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I actually wasn't impressed. Admitting he just came over, and it's hard to be up to game speed. He seemed lost out there, though a shot scored that should've been stopped. For his sake and the Leafs, a long playoff will get him use to North American hockey. Definitely a spot for him in the NHL if he good enough.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Korshkov last night was more physical than Grundstrom was in his Marlies tenure.

Oh? That’s quite the praise considering how Grundstrom was regarded as a physical, feisty, agitating Hornqvist type.

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Oh? That’s quite the praise considering how Grundstrom was regarded as a physical, feisty, agitating Hornqvist type.
That’s how he was regarded but it didn’t translate much to the AHL imo. Korshkov was very physical with his limited ice time.

Reactions: Saint Blue

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
I always liked this kid. But I am greedy and would like him AND Debrincat. But there is no question, if this kid gets the right guidance etc... he is exactly what we need. Some size and oomph.

Timishaov is starting to look like something.

Reactions: FADYB

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I actually have seen Korshkov intentionally lay the body more in one game than I've ever seen Grundy hit.

Grundy was more of a tough/ grit guy. Take the hit to make the play, stand in front of the net and take the abuse sort. He wasn't necessarily a bruiser who finished all his checks. Korshkov finishes his checks and he looks mean while doing it too. I must admit I have watched him a fair bit before but even I was taken aback by the hitting and physicality I saw yesterday. Even in the post-game scrum he talked about how his job today was just to play simple, get the puck out and take the body every chance he got. He was focusing on finishing his checks and it clearly showed. That alone will be a huge breath of fresh air on the Leafs who have wingers that are allergic to initiating contact outside of Moore and Hyman.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
He is a straight legged skater and it is fixable. I never got a good read on his feet so I will hold off until I do. He was very good at being a option for a pass supporting the puck as he did that very well. His hands seem ok. The best part of his game last night was his willingness to engage physically. He was also good defensively in our zone last night.

Let’s see what tomorrow holds for him. Dirk who was the reason we drafted him liked him a lot and I trust his opinion. He was also the guy who wanted Brooks who looks like a good selection as well as is Scott who he drafted him into the WHL very high.
Dirk is Dale derkatch

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Korshkov injurys must be mostly about his physical play or are they more freak in nature like fractured leg bone. Think Reilly is really the last leaf to break a leg bone and thats probably how we got Reilly.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
For those complaining about not taking Debrincat over him should look at it this way. What Debrincat brings we have lots of, what Korshkov brings we don't have much of. Guys a beast below the goal line and in front of the net and you need those kinds of players for the playoffs and unfortunately Tavares is one of the only players on our team who consistently grinds down there. Matthews is a beast also down there because of his size but it just seems like he only decides to play that kinda way when he gets pissed off or just randomly and not all the time.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
In the future

Korshkov Mathews Nylander

Everyone on the ice will be worried about him hitting them .
Being a brick in front of the net.

I think this kid is going to be really good.

One of our posters mentioned that Hunter got fired over this pick . To funny.

Exactly what we need
Hyman ++
The Rasanen pick was worse imo.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
I must admit I have watched him a fair bit before but even I was taken aback by the hitting and physicality I saw yesterday. Even in the post-game scrum he talked about how his job today was just to play simple, get the puck out and take the body every chance he got. He was focusing on finishing his checks and it clearly showed.

For Korshkov playing on small ice is like a feast. So much easier to catch targets. You can't teach belligerence. It's either there or not. And the Leafs badly need guys like that. They already have Muzzin and Moore. If we add Korshkov, the effect could be cumulative. Team mentality could be changed. But I think they gonna need at least one more thug or a couple of moderately aggressive dudes like Hyman.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Look like he is one of those kids that every team would love to have it on their roster and Leafs badly need these kind of players that are tough to play against, hopefully he can make the roster next year (we already have Moore on our roster and probably need similar players with more skill and Korshkov is one of them)

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
For Korshkov playing on small ice is like a feast. So much easier to catch targets. You can't teach belligerence. It's either there or not. And the Leafs badly need guys like that. They already have Muzzin and Moore. If we add Korshkov, the effect could be cumulative. Team mentality could be changed. But I think they gonna need at least one more thug or a couple of moderately aggressive dudes like Hyman.

Agreed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad