Confirmed with Link: TOR signs F Yegor Korshkov to 2 year ELC

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Finally.

Going to the Marlies too.

A real stretch for Hunter. I hope he pans out.

Ya, I wasn't a fan of the pick then or now. But that isn't the players fault, and I hope he does well. I expect he'll be in the AHL, as well. He shouldn't be expected to make the team right away. He might squeeze in, though, if he's the only guy the team can afford under the cap.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If he is already in Toronto as rumoured, then he could be playing with the Marlies today.

Reactions: smitty10

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Lol stop.

It actually wouldn't be a terrible stretch. He should get some Marlies time first, but the guy is very skilled. He's also 23 years old with a fair bit of KHL experience, so it is not like he is some rookie or anything.

If he was playing in an appropriate role in the KHL (he was often stuck with crappy minutes, which impacted his production) and did not get injured, it would probably be almost a certainty that he would be in our top 9 next year.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Does he have a physical aspect to his game? Does he hit and go into the dirty areas like Hyman does?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He should a on a line with Matthews next year

Is his mobility NHL level?
Does he use his size?

That can make all the difference.

He's identified as a RW, does he play the off-wing?

It would be nice to have something like this.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner (if retained)
Korshkov-Matthews-Nylander
Engvall-Kadri-Kapanen
Marchment-Brooks-Moore

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
It actually wouldn't be a terrible stretch. He should get some Marlies time first, but the guy is very skilled. He's also 23 years old with a fair bit of KHL experience, so it is not like he is some rookie or anything.

If he was playing in an appropriate role in the KHL (he was often stuck with crappy minutes, which impacted his production) and did not get injured, it would probably be almost a certainty that he would be in our top 9 next year.
I understand the optimism. It's a lot to ask a guy who has never registered 30 points in the KHL to come over and play with our superstar center. As you said, he's never had an opportunity to play in a scoring role with his team. Why would he now come over and get that role in the NHL? I think if he starts in the NHL it's in the bottom 6, but more likely I think he starts next season in a top 6 role with the Marlies. Hopefully he gets some experience playing this year and shows a lot. I'm not holding out hope though for it to all happen that quickly.

As a Leafs fan, yes, I hope it happens. Rationally, no, I don't think it will.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Ya, I wasn't a fan of the pick then or now. But that isn't the players fault, and I hope he does well. I expect he'll be in the AHL, as well. He shouldn't be expected to make the team right away. He might squeeze in, though, if he's the only guy the team can afford under the cap.

He's going to the AHL now on a PTO to join the Marlies on their Calder Cup run.

Like his chances to make the Leafs to start the season. The unknown regarding contracts/cap and Hyman's injury might further add to the possibility. Like the potential add of skilled size in any case.

Last edited:

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

Really? I guess im just really down on the guy. I dont even know if he would crack the team next year.

Hopefully he looks good with the Marlies.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Not a one year deal? C'mon Dubas, sign him to one year and throw him on Matthews wing!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not hyped at all for Korshkov. But at least he finally signed.

I hope he's ready for some AHL playing time.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I understand the optimism. It's a lot to ask a guy who has never registered 30 points in the KHL to come over and play with our superstar center. As you said, he's never had an opportunity to play in a scoring role with his team. Why would he now come over and get that role in the NHL? I think if he starts in the NHL it's in the bottom 6, but more likely I think he starts next season in a top 6 role with the Marlies. Hopefully he gets some experience playing this year and shows a lot. I'm not holding out hope though for it to all happen that quickly.

As a Leafs fan, yes, I hope it happens. Rationally, no, I don't think it will.

It is important to note that it is very tough for young players to get a ton of ice time on top tier teams (like Lokomotiv) to get meaningful ice time. They are stacked with so much high end vet talent that the fact he was able to make the team at all is already impressive.

Like I said, I'd put him on the Marlies for next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself on the Leafs, or even on Matthews' wing, next year.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
He's got the size for sure. Will help on our wing.

Brown replacement? Will miss Brownie though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->