Confirmed with Link: [TOR/PHI] TOR trade Brendan Mennell to PHI for future considerations

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Remember this next time you start to panic about the number of contract spots we have available
In the history of the game has it ever prevented any team from making a move?

Put me down on the disappointed side in this. I thought he would have been a bottom pair player here this year.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
He looked good during the pre-season IIRC and was a top defender in the KHL the season prior.

Surprised he wasn't able to carve out a spot on the right side

Reactions: ACC1224

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Add Mennell to a list of guys that includes Lehtonen, Barabanov, Ritchie, and others, that Dubas has tried to do right by, when it hasn't worked out in Toronto.
Say what you want about the Leafs GM, but those sorts of things matter in hockey's tight-knit circle. Treating people right goes a long way.
You can also add Frankie Corrado to that list

Reactions: Menzinger and Tak7

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Kevin Weekes killed it this entire trade deadline, what a guy!
He's hilarious! I know someone who played hockey with him (I think it was summer training). He used to always disappear after the games and nobody knew where he went. He was Mr. Mysterious. So my friend, and a few others, snuck out of the arena right after him and followed him around in their car. Weekes caught wind of what was going on and pulled some high speed stunt maneouvers. He eventually pulled a quick, movie-style, brake and skid while turning 180 degrees in the other direction on a busy street. As he passed by my friend's car, he had his middle finger sticking out of the window. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad