Confirmed with Link: [TOR/PHI] TOR trade Brendan Mennell to PHI for future considerations

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Add Mennell to a list of guys that includes Lehtonen, Barabanov, Ritchie, and others, that Dubas has tried to do right by, when it hasn't worked out in Toronto.
Say what you want about the Leafs GM, but those sorts of things matter in hockey's tight-knit circle. Treating people right goes a long way.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Add Mennell to a list of guys that includes Lehtonen, Barabanov, Ritchie, and others, that Dubas has tried to do right by, when it hasn't worked out in Toronto.
Say what you want about the Leafs GM, but those sorts of things matter in hockey's tight-knit circle. Treating people right goes a long way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Duszak is next

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Duszak is too important to this year's Marlies team to dump in this manner imo. He will likely just not be qualified in the off-season

Reactions: Tak7

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

Weekes needs his on header on here imo. Dudes on top of it this season.
Also, idk why but this video reminded me of this legendary Ma$e meme
F6FA2E33-5754-4B98-920E-8D63D5534969.jpeg

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Duszak is too important to this year's Marlies team to dump in this manner imo. He will likely just not be qualified in the off-season
Yeah I'm sure Menell was traded because Philly was interested in giving him a shot in the NHL, probably discussed by Dubas and Chuck Fletcher, and probably the only reason Dubas agreed to the deal.

I could see Duszak getting that opportunity as well if another GM came to Dubas with the same opportunity, but I don't see too many teams clamouring to get their hands on Duszak, at least not for their NHL team

Agreed that he's too important to the Marlies to just move him for him to have a lateral opportunity

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I thought the team acquired F.C in the trade with Nashville for Biega? ;)

Although I didn't expect Menell to play in the thirty games with the team that would have activated the condition on the draft pick, I'll admit to being surprised that he didn't even suit up for one.

Reactions: banks and uncleben

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad