Confirmed with Link: [TOR-OTT] Phaneuf/Frattin/3 Others for Michalek/Greening/Cowen/Lindberg/2nd17

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Let the overrating of Michalek, Greening, Cowen, and especially Lindberg begin!

A crap return for a crap value player.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
picture.php

Phaneuf at the airport in Calgary.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

lol

Who has overrated any of them?

Everyone knows Michalek, Greening and Cowen are here until June 2017 at most.

And everyone knows Lindgren is a solid prospect who is having a fantastic season.

So what is being overrated?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
but for all the things the Leafs organization has been terrible at, they have proven absolute experts at this one thing. Trades involving Dion Phaneuf.

Net Return

Leafs trade ...
Ian White, Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers, Cody Donaghey, Casey Bailey, Matt Frattin and Ryan Rupert.

For
Fredrik Sjostrom, Keith Aulie, Milan Michalek, Colin Greening, Tobias Lindberg, Jared Cowen and a second-round draft pick in 2017.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

Nailed it .

Funny how little value num 1 d's return in a trade , 3 cap dumps - 2nd rd pick - b level prospect . :laugh:

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
I'm glad Phaneuf is gone...but I think he needs a change scenery and a new team. I believe he will be ok in Ottawa.

Toronto had to make this trade for many reasons but I believe one of the biggest reasons is as the Leafs have taken a complete 180 in philosophy, drafting, scouting, etc....the captaincy also needs to change (for a new fresh point of view from another player) No way in the world if they took the C away from Phaneuf he could still splay on the same team...it's like the biggest kick in the teeth

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Lindberg is a solid prospect, should be a good middle six player in a few years
not sure where he'll end up playing, but if Hunter likes him, then I like him. For the 1st time in a long time I have real faith in the leadership of this team properly building a winner. If Lou can continue getting rid of pieces that don't fit the future, I'll be very happy indeed.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
picture.php

Phaneuf at the airport in Calgary.

Calgary's airport seems a port of tears for Phaneuf.

Wish him well in Ottawa. Except against teams that would limit our chances at the draft.

Lupul and Bernier next please.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Funny how a player's contract can continue to taint someone's evaluation of a player even after they are gone.

Shocking that such a valuable player in his prime was dumped for cap anchors and scraps :amazed:.

I guess our future HOF coach and GM have no idea how to evaluate a players performance .

WillNytheSwedishGuy

Sep 17, 2015
Shocking that such a valuable player in his prime was dumped for cap anchors and scraps :amazed:.

I guess our future HOF coach and GM have no idea how to evaluate a players performance .

Yeah how much the guy was making had nothing to do with this trade. Simply about his qualities as a player.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Are people here actually saying Phaneuf is a #1D
hey I'll cut Sen's fans some slack, I drank the kool-aide when Dion came from Calgary, but it wasn't long before I realized Darryl Sutter actually didn't lose his mind, and trade a stud D man for a bunch of crap, he dumped a overpaid declining D man for a bunch of so so contract that had little term, sound familiar?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Yeah how much the guy was making had nothing to do with this trade. Simply about his qualities as a player.

We took back dead money and were still only offered and accepted scraps .

you should face the facts and accept that Double Dion was no where near as good a player as you and others thought

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Isn't it funny how people say Phaneuf is worth a bag of pucks but still find a reason to complain about the return here? If he wasn't worth much, why bother complaining about what the Leafs got? He had to go and we're at least not on the hook for 5 more years of his contract. Greening and Michalek are trade bait and Cowen can still rebound which can happen under Babcock .

WillNytheSwedishGuy

Sep 17, 2015
We took back dead money and were still only offered and accepted scraps .

you should face the facts and accept that Double Dion was no where near as good a player as you and others thought

Knock a few million off of Phaneufs cap hit and the return we receive is very different. In fact, he likely doesn't even get traded. But keep thinking this trade somehow vindicates your Phaneuf bashing.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Funny how the moment that he is traded, Dion is a #1 Dmen, great locker room leader, and his contract is fair value.
Considering the same people once thought getting a 4th rounder would be consider lucky for Dion just 10 months ago.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Knock a few million off of Phaneufs cap hit and the return we receive is very different. In fact, he likely doesn't even get traded. But keep thinking this trade somehow vindicates your Phaneuf bashing.

if he was such a good player why would we have to knock 3-4 m off his salary to get a decent return ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad