Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NJD] Andreas Johnsson for Joey Anderson

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Yuck.

Johnson clearing waivers today indicated that the market for middle six forwards is completely flat right now. This really stings, Johnsson is a good player to lose for nothing. Maybe Anderson isn't nothing, but bleh

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Sounds like a Zach Hyman-lite. Good prospect to have in the system.

gonna miss Mango, but it had to happen

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Have you not been paying attention?

These middle tier players have no value right now.
It doesnt excuse making a bad deal. AJ is going to produce 45+ points again on the ddvils if healthy. He will recoup his value in a year.

Dubas created enough space to ice a 21 man roster. However the roster still needs another RHD and I dont see where that's coming from. Kerfoot has zero value based on this deal same with dermott. Every youth piece wont be traded. I dont see any additional upgrades coming

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Wow - didn't think Johnsson was a straight up cap dump type of player... can't believe we couldn't have gotten at least something useful out of it like a draft pick.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
What do you guys think about Johnsson? Could he be next Palmieri type of trade for us?

He's still young (25) and with the Leafs luck he'll go on to become a solid 30 g, 30 a, 60 point player.

20g, 23a, 43 points is his career high atm, it was a cap dump trade.

Reactions: hidek91

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
It doesnt excuse making a bad deal. AJ is going to produce 45+ points again on the ddvils if healthy. He will recoup his value in a year.

Dubas created enough space to ice a 21 man roster. However the roster still needs another RHD and I dont see where that's coming from. Kerfoot has zero value based on this deal same with dermott. Every youth piece wont be traded. I dont see any additional upgrades coming
Its a salary dump, what are you expecting?

No one's going to give you value for Johnsson when you could sign comparable player for like 2 million a year.

Its just the worst time possible to trading a guy like him. There was scenario where the Leafs were getting anything of value for johnsson this offseason.

Leafs should be happy they didnt have to include anything to get rid of him tbh

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Whatever. Pure cap dump.

@egd27 Thought we needed to add something with Johnsson? We were over the cap and HAD to move someone. Explain???

IF they had signed AP AND had waited until the next season was about to start so they HAD to move him to be cap compliant. None of those conditions existed.

If you're going to try calling me out jimmy boy, at least know the context of what was posted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad