Rumor: TOR/MTL Hybrid Rumor: Plekanec may return to Montreal

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Magical Quotes:

"During Friday’s “Insider Trading” segment on TSN, Pierre LeBrun reported there is “mutual interest” by the Canadiens and veteran Tomas Plekanec in reuniting this July."

"Plekanec will undoubtedly have to take a significant reduction in pay with any club he signs with this summer, as his role has gone from a second-line centre to a third- or fourth-line centre."

Link:

Plekanec may return to Montreal

I welcome your comments and fan interest.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Maybe Montreal can sign him to a 1 year deal then trade him at the deadline back to the Leafs

Reactions: razor ray

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Not sure how this has anything to do with Toronto.

Everybody knew the moment they acquired him he was going back to Montreal. And if you're insinuating the Leafs could potentially trade him back to Montreal to re-sign with them.... Why on Earth would Montreal give up any assets for the guy knowing full well they're going to get him July 1st regardless.

I struggle to see how this is thread worthy in any way, but especially to use Toronto as part of the title when they have no role in the events that are going to unfold.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Not sure how this has anything to do with Toronto.

Everybody knew the moment they acquired him he was going back to Montreal. And if you're insinuating the Leafs could potentially trade him back to Montreal to re-sign with them.... Why on Earth would Montreal give up any assets for the guy knowing full well they're going to get him July 1st regardless.

We are better than this? Are we?

Last edited:

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Why post something like this?

I cannot use the prefix "confirmed with link", because he hasn't signed yet!

TOR is mentioned because he currently plays for TOR.

I could say the same to you. This is old news and everyone expects Plekanec to sign with the Habs.

It's only worth tagging TO if you think there's a chance the Habs would trade for his rights - which they wouldn't bother doing.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I could say the same to you. This is old news and everyone expects Plekanec to sign with the Habs.

It's only worth tagging TO if you think there's a chance the Habs would trade for his rights - which they wouldn't bother doing.

I don't know. I can't read minds. I don't know what is being offered or if TOR is bidding as well. He currently is a leaf and it is reported that MTL may have interest. That does not mean he is signed! Maybe he retires! Maybe Buffalo outbids MTL. Leaf fans should be allowed to speculate where their current players may go next season!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Leaf fans should be allowed to speculate where their current players may go next season!

Id hazard a guess youre the only one with this amount of interest in his future destination. A 4th line center, close to the end of his career. Has made it known hed be interested in returning to the team where he played most of his career. Not discussion worthy until a sining is made. At that point you can discuss it imo.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
We'll likely re-sign him, especially if we draft Zadina I think we'll sign him to help mentor him throughout his first year

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Magical Quotes:

"During Friday’s “Insider Trading” segment on TSN, Pierre LeBrun reported there is “mutual interest” by the Canadiens and veteran Tomas Plekanec in reuniting this July."

"Plekanec will undoubtedly have to take a significant reduction in pay with any club he signs with this summer, as his role has gone from a second-line centre to a third- or fourth-line centre."

Link:

Plekanec may return to Montreal

I welcome your comments and fan interest.
Disinterested.

NewtJorden

Unitas est Invicta
Aug 9, 2006
Rimouski
Its cute that Lebrun seems to believe he is breaking some news. It's been widely know since the moment he was traded to Toronto that Plekanec will sign with Montreal on July 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad