Pre-Game Talk: TOR @ MTL, 7 PM EST Saturday (HNIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Leafs loosing tonight and against the Habs tomorrow... we are 2 pts behind them! Imagine if the Leafs miss the playoffs and loose a 12-15 range 1st. Dubas is a fool. I would have just kept Marleau and traded Kapanen for young guy on D they could use down the road.

Kadri and Zaitsev trades were dumb. Dubas is worse than Bergevin. The kid GM is analytical crazy but hey, he has a nice smile and talks to the media well. :laugh:

Someone should go post a thread on the main boards... "Is Dubas the worse GM in the NHL today?" Watching them flip out would be entertaining.

I got bashed for trashing Dubas 2 years ago. Just look at the guy, he's a douche-canoe. Those hipster glasses and tight fitting suit, its like him and Strombo went on a shopping spree together. Could have moved Nylander and shored up that D, could have moved Kapanen.. but nope... tied his hands with 3 contracts.

Reactions: PaulD

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Oh god the awful color commentary coming our way...' aaaand yeah, the Leafs are just swarming tonight, '

So Habs fans get to hear the brown-nosing crew yet again,oh joy!. lol.

upload_2020-2-7_13-4-4.jpeg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I got bashed for trashing Dubas 2 years ago. Just look at the guy, he's a *****e-canoe. Those hipster glasses and tight fitting suit, its like him and Strombo went on a shopping spree together. Could have moved Nylander and shored up that D, could have moved Kapanen.. but nope... tied his hands with 3 contracts.

He is not trending well at all. He has done more damage than most Leafs fans will admit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's getting ridiculous, he's almost a month overdue. Something fishy in Habsville, again.

Molson and Bergevin want to tank but the players who are actually playing games refuse to give up :laugh:

Or.... They are making sure he is 100% healthy before he comes back and don't want to risk another injury derail. Remember he got crushed by Ovi and stayed in the game where he got hurt later on

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Molson and Bergevin want to tank but the players who are actually playing games refuse to give up :laugh:

Or.... They are making sure he is 100% healthy before he comes back and don't want to risk another injury derail. Remember he got crushed by Ovi and stayed in the game where he got hurt later on

They are playing this right for once...Some posters get mad when they are rushed back (and justifiably so) but then also get mad when players take the time required to avoid risk of re-injury.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They are playing this right for once...Some posters get mad when they are rushed back (and justifiably so) but then get mad when players take the time required to avoid risk of re-injury.

Agreed. I have no issues with them taking their time with Drouin. Especially the way his last 20 games went down last year.

Curious to see what shape he is in and how he looks on our PP with Kovalchuk and Suzuki. Prior to Suzuki rising and us adding Kovalchuk, Drouin was our best PP guy IMO

Reactions: 26Mats

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

upload_2020-2-7_14-0-11.jpeg

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Agreed. I have no issues with them taking their time with Drouin. Especially the way his last 20 games went down last year.

Apparently Julien said in interview that Drouin has the green light from the doctors, but he's not comfortable yet.

So Julien is just waiting for Drouin to give him the ok. Once Drouin says he's good to go, Julien will put him in.

Reactions: angusyoung

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Apparently Julien said in interview that Drouin has the green light from the doctors, but he's not comfortable yet.

So Julien is just waiting for Drouin to give him the ok. Once Drouin says he's good to go, Julien will put him in.

Soft but skilled winger... makes sense I guess that he needs extra time. Curious to see what games shape he is in... he's missed a lot of games!

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

So Julien is waiting for the nod? lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: PaulD

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I’ll be in attendance. Even though I’m pro-tank, I’d love to see the boys smoke the Leafs.

I'm back on the "maybe we can do this" bandwagon.

I'll take my meds later. This feels warm and fuzzy.
I believe in investing & saving money, but that doesn't stop me from taking a vacation and going out for dinners. Live in the moment. Enjoy the Habs hammering that annoying franchise and save the strategic analysis for later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treb

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Oh god the awful color commentary coming our way...' aaaand yeah, the Leafs are just swarming tonight, '
Will catch score on the side while I watch Pens vs Panthers. Would not put that Leafs vs Habs crap commentary with the fake rivalry bull shit on my big screen.............not when there are so many better games going on.

angusyoung

Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Soft but skilled winger... makes sense I guess that he needs extra time. Curious to see what games shape he is in... he's missed a lot of games!

It was a wrist or something,so he could skate and participate,just testing his handiness if it's up to par,which for sure it is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Do you like any of these potential 3rd lines?

Drouin Domi Lehkonen
Drouin Domi Evans
Drouin Domi Poehling
Drouin Domi Cousins
Drouin Domi Weise
Drouin Domi Weal
Drouin Domi Galchenyuk (he's basically available for free right now)

I'm glad Julien reunited Kovalchuk-Suzuki-Armia in practice today.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Seting myself up for a disapointment , but I will follow this game closely. If they pull it off I might go back relunctantly on the belief wagon.

Is Drouin playing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad