Pre-Game Talk: TOR @ MTL, 7 PM EST Saturday (HNIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Just like the good old days, start the pre-game the morning after a win.

It appears Campbell gets the start tonight (as does Leaf-killer Ryan Miller) and we get Hutch on Saturday.

Kyle Clifford may induce some McLaren/Orr PTSD in some fans here, we'll see.

Lebrun mentioned Price has been the best goalie in the NHL in 2020 so far.... I guess the jury is still out on whether the man is more of a beer that has a shelf life, or a wine that ages well.

Chances are Kovy's family will be in the stands again, watching daddy work that puck.

Here's to an entertaining game. It's all that's permissible to ask for from them nowadays.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
According to their board the Habs are “Bottom Feeders”

Anderson could be playing against us. Doesn’t make a difference. All the habs have to do is hit them and stay out of the box.
Yep. Stay out of the box and you all but eliminate Marner from the game. :sarcasm:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Elvis in Columbus has been better than Price, or at least his numbers are.

Living in Ontario, I always want the habs to beat the leafs.

Go Ducks !

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Anderson could be playing against us. Doesn’t make a difference. All the habs have to do is hit them and stay out of the box.

Well, even with our recent surge of OT wins against real bottom feeders, we still are 21st in the league right now while being one of 3 teams with the most games played.

Don't get me wrong, I hope we trounce them and they miss playoffs, their fans are truly unbearable for a team that hasn't done anything in the last 53 years, but the last thing we can do is to have a cocky attitude.

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
Just like the good old days, start the pre-game the morning after a win.

It appears Campbell gets the start tonight (as does Leaf-killer Ryan Miller) and we get Hutch on Saturday.

Kyle Clifford may induce some McLaren/Orr PTSD in some fans here, we'll see.

Lebrun mentioned Price has been the best goalie in the NHL in 2020 so far.... I guess the jury is still out on whether the man is more of a beer that has a shelf life, or a wine that ages well.

Chances are Kovy's family will be in the stands again, watching daddy work that puck.

Here's to an entertaining game. It's all that's permissible to ask for from them nowadays.
Looks like Andersen is backing up Campbell tonight. Would indicate Freddie in nets Saturday.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Leafs fans don't know hockey! Their takes are a joke,just like the team. A superiority complex that's not deserved.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Without Weber against Toronto's offence, we'll probably need Price to steal that one or Campbell to gave us a few gifts. Let's hope the bug isn't slowing down more Habs player….

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leafs loosing tonight and against the Habs tomorrow... we are 2 pts behind them! Imagine if the Leafs miss the playoffs and loose a 12-15 range 1st. Dubas is a fool. I would have just kept Marleau and traded Kapanen for young guy on D they could use down the road.

Kadri and Zaitsev trades were dumb. Dubas is worse than Bergevin. The kid GM is analytical crazy but hey, he has a nice smile and talks to the media well. :laugh:

Someone should go post a thread on the main boards... "Is Dubas the worse GM in the NHL today?" Watching them flip out would be entertaining.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty much the season. Could be 2 points back or 8 depending on their games.

Quite the swing eh. I think that 3rd spot is wide open. 3 teams separated by 5 pts. Habs at the games played disadvantage but if we beat the Panthers and Leafs head/head, we can bridge that gap. I realize the record we need to typically get in with 95, 96, 97 pts but that varies year to year. The biggest concern is the games in hand other teams have and the ROW

Habs have 2 games left against the Leafs and 2 against the Panthers I believe. Lets say we win all 4 games. What are the records required for the Habs to make it in with 95 pts after you factor in those 4 wins?

Habs:
26 games left, Currently have 59 pts
67 pts counting the 4 wins against the Panthers and Leafs
11-5-6 in the remaining 22 games = 28 pts
67+28 = 95 pts.

Panthers:
29 games left, Currently have 64 pts
Still have 64 pts after the 2 games they loose to the Habs
12-9-6 in the remaining 27 games = 30 pts
64+30 = 94 pts

Leafs:
28 games left, Currently have 63 pts
Still have 63 pts after the 2 games they loose to the Habs
12-7-7 in the remaining 26 games = 31 pts
63+31 = 94 pts

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We're getting the Leafs back up goalie - and they're on a back to back.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
So we are playing the Leafs while they're on back-to-back games for the 3rd time this season, sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad