Confirmed Trade: [TOR/MIN] Brennan Mennell for 2022 cond. 7th round pick

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
They couldn't play him last year. Once you are signed in the KHL you have to finish out the season. They also had a very strong top 5 last year, and a couple of guys on expiring deals(Hunt and Cole). MN fans thought that Addison and Menell would be given a chance to make the lineup this year, with only three Dmen signed. Both, but especially Menell, have earned it.

Nice any reason why MIN gave up for 7th if he had good potential ? something wrong with his game?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Nice any reason why MIN gave up for 7th if he had good potential ? something wrong with his game?

Our GM is a child who is mad he went to the KHL(at a time there was zero certainty about an NHL season, let alone an AHL season) and didn't immediately accept his take it or leave it offer this year.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
damn this kid has potential. not sure what our hangup was but there was one.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Me:
UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Never heard of him before but judging by stats and career trajectory I’m happy we got him for a conditional 7th that would otherwise likely never play a single pro game

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
not sure it's true but sounds like we offered him a contract and he's been essentially ignoring the offer so we just traded him.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
who gives a shit? You got him for nothing, and he will be paid league minimum.

A fan who's interested in the new player the team I cheer for acquired gives a shit. This is litterally a place to discuss hockey. If you aren't interested in that, then why are you here?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A fan who's interested in the new player the team I cheer for acquired gives a shit. This is litterally a place to discuss hockey. If you aren't interested in that, then why are you here?
You're the guy who expects him to be better than Barrie, is that it?:rolleyes:

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Our GM is a child who is mad he went to the KHL(at a time there was zero certainty about an NHL season, let alone an AHL season) and didn't immediately accept his take it or leave it offer this year.

Oh dam that sucks Wild fans

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
No, I know nothing about him and am asking if I should even care if he's a Leaf. Can he make an impact or is this an AHL signing.

If you don't want to discuss a player then don't be in the thread.
If you don't want to read the posts in the thread, YOU don't be in the thread. How the heck are we supposed to know if he can produce? He's never played a game in the NHL.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
If you don't want to read the posts in the thread, YOU don't be in the thread. How the heck are we supposed to know if he can produce? He's never played a game in the NHL.

He's played 5 games, if you're going to be a ass, at least be accurate.

It's a damn discussion board, people ask questions. WTF is wrong with people.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Had a great AHL year 2 years ago. Went to KHL last year and was the best offensive D there. But is 24 (maybe 23) and hasn't made it to NHL. He wanted a 1 way deal to go back to MIN and Guerin supposedly was fixated on a 2 way.

Makes sense, Toronto can afford to give him a one way deal and just bury him on the Marlies at 1M to be a star, or call him up when it makes sense since the rinks are just a couple KM apart

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He's played 5 games, if you're going to be a ass, at least be accurate.

It's a damn discussion board, people ask questions. WTF is wrong with people.
You are expecting a guy your team gave up a conditional 7th for to be as good or better than Tyson Barrie and then get snooty when someone points out that you got him for nothing so your expectations are out of line.

He is 24 and has 5 NHL games under his belt. No one else was willing to beat the Leafs offer of a 7th round pick. Do the math.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
You are expecting a guy your team gave up a conditional 7th for to be as good or better than Tyson Barrie and then get snooty when someone points out that you got him for nothing so your expectations are out of line.

He is 24 and has 5 NHL games under his belt. No one else was willing to beat the Leafs offer of a 7th round pick. Do the math.

Where did I say I expect him to be as good as Barrie? Barrie was a player who came in and underwhelmed and was not worth having on the team. I'm just asking if this is a player who could make an impact or is t worth noting.

Some fans seem to think he is worth far more than a 7th, but all I have to go off is what he was traded for.

I'm sorry you're upset that someone is interested in a new player, but that's not really my problem.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010

I would be better than Barrie was when he was a Leaf. And that’s not saying much. Dude was steaming garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad