Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs to sign Par Lindholm

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Vancouver actually decided not to sign him, which is baffling. We have no C depth and our farm team has been desperate for a skilled centre for years.

Who reported that? Dhawali? Surprising as I thought he was a shoe-in for the Canucks, because they were the only team with rumblings around him.......Leafs came out of left field. We are already pretty stacked with international prospects (I know he's not exactly a prospect)...some of which haven't even gotten entry level deals yet.

Good deal for us as all indications are he plays a physical, 2 way-game and is great at faceoffs. Also has some nice size- doubt he is any worst than Moore was for us, which is already a huge upgrade....supposedly, over half of the 31 teams were in on him.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Who reported that? Dhawali? Surprising as I thought he was a shoe-in for the Canucks, because they were the only team with rumblings around him.......Leafs came out of left field. We are already pretty stacked with international prospects (I know he's not exactly a prospect)...some of which haven't even gotten entry level deals yet.

Good deal for us as all indications are he plays a physical, 2 way-game and is great at faceoffs. Also has some nice size- doubt he is any worst than Moore was for us, which is already a huge upgrade....supposedly, over half of the 31 teams were in on him.

To be honest I'm surprised he was even interested in signing with us after the treatment of Anton Rodin and Phillip Holm, also Burmistrov to a lesser extent.

Reactions: firstemperor

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

To be honest I'm surprised he was even interested in signing with us after the treatment of Anton Rodin and Phillip Holm, also Burmistrov to a lesser extent.

I was a bit surprised too after how we treated Rosen, Borgman, Aaltonen. Not that we treated them poorly in terms of development, but because of how competitive jobs are here. If Rosen/Borgman went to a team like say, the Devils, they'd have an inside track on a NHL job due to depth alone. Comparatively, the Marlies almost field 2 split squads.

Borgman got to start for half of the season than got pushed out by Dermott internally, who was much better. All three came overseas to play a year in the AHL essentially (to be fair, Aaltonen has an inside track on a job in training camp).

Then you have Engvall, who hasn't even gotten an ELC yet (who will probably get it). Grundstrom. #2, #3 of the top U-21 scoring SHL players (#1 being Pettersson).

Haven't even gotten started on Ozhiganov, who has been rumoured to the Leafs for about a year now. The difference being Lindholm and Ozhiganov are going to be competing for positions where there are huge openings on the big club (C, RHD).

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Leaf fan asking an objective opinion on this guy?? I don't follow the SHL. Heard about him at work today, which was the first time.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Could Nucks have passed on him with aspirations of signing other C's? I would think with Petersson and Dahlin they would possibly want Par Lindholm

Born and Raised

Apr 22, 2018
Is it too late to terminate this deal then? One sec, I got Shanahan on speed dial, better let him know this guy isn't good at all. BRB.
He is. Considering I spent the better of two seasons watching him in Skelleftea, Id have some good knowledge about it

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Took awhile but it happened.
Leafs doing a nice job keeping the cupboard stocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad