Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs to sign Par Lindholm

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
According to our sources, more than 20 of the 31 teams in the NHL showed interest in the Swede. But, as Christopher Lambert once taught us in Highlander, “there can be only one”.
That one team appears to be the Toronto Maple Leafs. Our sources tell us that Lindholm has decided to sign with the Leafs in an attempt to take one of the center spots that will likely be available this summer when Tyler Bozak, Tomas Plekanec and Dominic Moore become unrestricted free agents.

Swedish Olympian to sign with the Toronto Maple Leafs

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'd bet on him competing directly with Aaltonen for the 4c spot, with the loser playing wing/press box. If the Leafs don't sign a 3c like Bozak or Thornton, then I can imagine the two of them filling the bottom 6 roles, though I don't know how happy Babcock would be with two rookies as his bottom 6 centres.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Hmm........Leafs are really loading up on the Swedes.

Nylander, Johnsson, Lindholm, Liljegren, Rosen, Borgman, Grundstrom, Lindgren, Engvall,...

Reactions: FishManSam

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Nice signing. Hope the Canucks fans don't riot about this.
Meh would have been nice to get someone who could play 3/4C for us this year but not the end of the world. He won't light the world on fire but might provide some good minutes for Toronto.
With the rate our centers get tossed from the dot, i'm more concerned about our wingers faceoff percentage at this point....
Why the hell did that seem to be the case? I remember wondering why TO always seemed to get tossed more often then not.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Meh would have been nice to get someone who could play 3/4C for us this year but not the end of the world. He won't light the world on fire but might provide some good minutes for Toronto.
Why the hell did that seem to be the case? I remember wondering why TO always seemed to get tossed more often then not.
I was screaming at multiple games..."just drop the f***in puck!!!!"

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
I was screaming at multiple games..."just drop the ****in puck!!!!"
Linesmen hold the puck to damn long now, but did the Leafs centers just not have enough discipline at the same time? Just seemed to happen more often than not to them whenever I had a chance to watch.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Yup, even after Gardiner had his game 7 meltdown....the media coverage was nil....management doesn't give them access to grill the players anymore....if this was the old regime, reporters would be banging on Jake's Gramma's door.

As much as I agree with the other stuff, you're kidding with the bolded right. Gardiner was harassed by the media... heck in his exit-interview, "there seems to be a lot of animosity towards you when I look at my twitter feed, do you feel the same way, how do you feel?"

Literally telling him the fan base hates him, there were countless articles, heck my dad who barely watches hockey knew about it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'd bet on him competing directly with Aaltonen for the 4c spot, with the loser playing wing/press box. If the Leafs don't sign a 3c like Bozak or Thornton, then I can imagine the two of them filling the bottom 6 roles, though I don't know how happy Babcock would be with two rookies as his bottom 6 centres.

He won't put up with that

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Leafs haven’t had much success with these older forwards coming from the SHL/KHL etc. Hopefully he can be a solid player for the leafs or Marlies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->