Confirmed with Link: [TOR/LVK] Vegas select F Brenden Leipsic from TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i don't see how it was disappointing when the likelihood of him being on the team for the foreseeable future was nil

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Leafs have 2 AHL players exposed, Rychel and Leipsic and leaf fans are disappointed. The Ducks have Vatanen and Manson exposed... :laugh::laugh::laugh: Vegas is probably laughing at the Leafs choices lol

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
This sounds like one of Vegas' best moves to be honest.

This was a no brainer for them.

really? Sounds like they got theordore from Anaheim. Tuch++ from Minny. Gusev+ from Tampa. Some sort of deal with dallas too I think I read.

I don't think picking Brendan Leipsic is one of their best moves. A no brainer really him or rychel from the leafs but neither will be setting the world on fire during their careers

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
People are over reacting here, look at he guys other teams are losing and we lose a guy who likely did not have a spot on this team or a future in the organization

this is not a big deal

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
really? Sounds like they got theordore from Anaheim. Tuch++ from Minny. Gusev+ from Tampa. Some sort of deal with dallas too I think I read.

I don't think picking Brendan Leipsic is one of their best moves. A no brainer really him or rychel from the leafs but neither will be setting the world on fire during their careers

The would have been better off selecting Manson and Dumba instead of taking those crappier Ana/Minny deals.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
In a one on one skills competition, I'd say Leipsic would smoke Rychel. In a competition for being a piece the Leafs more need in the pipeline, Rychel in a rout.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Sorry Leipsic. Didn’t like his chances with all our diminutive wingers coming and already in the NHL/AHL. I think he can carve himself out a spot in the NHL if he keeps working hard and playing tough :)

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Pretty much. Imagine having to give up picks and top prospects just to protect your player(s)?

We're losing a prospect that really won't hurt in the long run.

And the Leafs received the proceeds of a half billion dollars split 30 ways.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We are not losing too much. I didn't see Leipsic getting into our lineup anyways

This. Anyone who gets disappointed over this is over doing it. There are teams with a much worse situation over us right now.

I'm also glad, Vegas chose Leipsic over Rychel. We have enough small skilled wingers as it is. Having some size in your pipeline doesn't hurt. Compliments our team better moving forward

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
from podcasts i listen to, Leipsic seemed to be losing the love from the Maple Leafs organization and his possession #s were not that good? Theres a reason they protected Matt Martin over him.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Expected, not a big deal. We definitely have it a lot better than others.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Leipsic was exactly who I was hoping they would take. Better for us as we are knee deep in small skilled forwards and would probably lose him to waivers anyways and better for him as he gets a shot as playing full time on the wing in Vegas.

Hope its true as it plays out perfectly for everyone.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Based on Sheldon Keefe's comments about him at the end of the season, it never surprised me that we left him exposed:

"That said, I think he had some really dominant stretches of play this season that showed that his skill set and his abilities are beyond this level, but he also continues to be a guy that shows the other side, which is he can be careless or irresponsible with the puck. Continuing to find that balance to make plays and be dangerous offensively but not be careless is a challenge for him to continue to work at. On the other side of it, defensively, he shows he can kill penalties, he shows he can be responsible and hard to play against because he is smart and he gets in position and he’s got some edge and grit to his game, but then he can also be casual and unreliable defensively.

It’s time for him to take that step and recognize that need to find a little bit more consistency in his game. Without question, if you watched his season as a whole, you saw a player that looked like he didn’t belong in the league. It’s about him doing that more consistently and not having that other side reveal itself where he looks like a player that certainly does belong here and has warts in his game."

No chance with Babcock as coach.

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
more interesting is Ottawa looking more and more like they lost Methot. If thats the case, i am really curious where he gets flipped.

Wouldn't cost much to acquire and certainly hurts a divisional rival :yo:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's one of those things where they had to pick one player. I have a feeling if they did not have to select one player from each team, nobody on from our unprotected list would be claimed. Maybe I am wrong. I really don't mean any disrespect to anybody.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No big deal. We had to lose someone and he was certainly expendable.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
more interesting is Ottawa looking more and more like they lost Methot. If thats the case, i am really curious where he gets flipped.

Montreal will probably be interested. They'll be interested in any LHD Vegas has to offer, or any LHD on the market at all, especially after apparently losing Emelin.

They are likely bringing back Markov for the top 4 next year. They have Benn and Davidson around as well, but they are bottom pairing guys. Could look to get someone like Methot to complete the top 4, or someone like Kulikov in FA.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

A 31-year old, left-handed, $4.9M defenceman who is not fleet of foot?

Do not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad