Confirmed with Link: [TOR/LVK] Vegas select F Brenden Leipsic from TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Expected. I'm happy for him since he'll get a great opportunity right away. Not sure he would have gotten that chance here.

I've been saying it for a long time he wouldn't be in our organisation past this off-season.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Las Vegas needs two things: serviceable bodies for the 2016-17 season and young talent to carry them past that. I always assumed the best choices from the Leafs were either of the two young forwards. There were too many better defensemen than Marincin and Marchenko available.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Disappointing.

Not excusing protection of Martin because I think that was stupid, but wasn't Leipsic waiver eligible beginning this season? I don't think he has a place on this team. Leivo is a better player And he couldn't get in.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Would rather lose Leipsic that any number of players some other teams will be losing. We have zero to complain about and since other teams are being hurt more than us, we actually have reason to be happy. :)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Can live with this, this is nothing compared to what a bunch of other teams are losing or trading in assets to avoid losing someone good. Glad to see him get his chance, but he'd be trapped in absolute middle ground next year. We probably don't have a spot for him unless we trade JVR or Bozak (while moving Willy to center), and send Kapanen down. Long-term I think we have more promising future wingers in the organization. I don't want this to be a Steve Sullivan situation, but I hope he carves out a career over there.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Would rather lose Leipsic that any number of players some other teams will be losing. We have zero to complain about and since other teams are being hurt more than us, we actually have reason to be happy. :)

Pretty much. Imagine having to give up picks and top prospects just to protect your player(s)?

We're losing a prospect that really won't hurt in the long run.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not excusing protection of Martin because I think that was stupid, but wasn't Leipsic waiver eligible beginning this season? I don't think he has a place on this team. Leivo is a better player And he couldn't get in.

Not to mention that Rychel could also make the team thus avoiding waivers. Leipsic or Rychel were pretty much guaranteed to hit waivers this fall when we do the roster math.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Keep in mind, this is Dreger, and he seems far from certain about it.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Well this sucks.

Then again, its Dreger so I'm guessing theres ~50% chance he's wrong here. Will wait for Bob.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Expected. I'm happy for him since he'll get a great opportunity right away. Not sure he would have gotten that chance here.

I've been saying it for a long time he wouldn't be in our organisation past this off-season.

comsidering he wsnt the best marlie ,its great news kapanen ,grundstrom played better at forward

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
People are gonna complain and moan about it, but it was expected. Leipsic wasn't gonna get a chance here in Toronto anyways.

I also don't think he's gonna be an impact forward in the NHL anyways. Maybe a decent 3rd liner at best. Regardless, we have a lot of depth for us to salivate his loss.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so what specifically do we have from the Franson trade?
is it Dermott etc?(ie: we got him from trading down?)

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Well, that's disappointing.

Like others have said, it's not the end of the world. He's an average C+/B- type of prospect who was waiver eligible this coming season. At the same time, if I had my way, he'd still be around. I would have exposed Martin over him.

I'm maybe in the minority here: I'm not being the biggest Rychel fan -- apparently neither is McPhee:laugh: -- so I would've preferred to have him go instead, although obviously the dream scenario was Vegas taking Fehr or Marcinin.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
This sounds like one of Vegas' best moves to be honest.

This was a no brainer for them.

wam_raven

Mar 2, 2007
Would probably cost us a 2nd to protect both Rychel/Leip. Then we still lose something else anyways. Whose to say that 2nd isn't a shot at another player like Rychel or Leip. Or to trade otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad