Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Tyler Ennis (1 year, $650K)

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
For 650k 1 year, sure! Extra depth in case if injuries is always fine. Besides, if he rediscovers his scoring and puts up 30-40 points (he does have a decent amount of pure talent) then this will look all the better.

He isn’t a plug in for a grinder/checker line but he should be able to sub in on the wings of one of our top 3 lines (ie. in reality, two first lines and a second line) in case of injury. Good depth signing.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
This move is similar to the Duclair deal however I feel Duclair has a better chance to turn it around and is younger. So it's clearly a no risk move.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't know about bargain. He's a fringe NHLer.

It's not a bad or good deal.
Yeah, it is not really good or bad. The Leafs are one of the few teams that can think nothing of paying a guy 650k to play in the AHL, with the only inconvenience being a lost contract slot (which isn't an issue at the moment, with only 44 of the 50 allocated).

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I cant wait to see karlsson in tampa
Toronto team is stacked but i cant see them ever beating tampa with a healthy lineup

Happy habs fan!

I can never understand this line of thinking. That's not how it works in hockey. Go back as far as you need to go and look at the Presidents trophy winners....they rarely win the cup. It's because once the playoffs start, all bets are off when it comes to hockey. NBA...not so much. But with hockey, the best team on paper rarely wins it all.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You can't lose at that price, especially when you can afford to bury him in the AHL if something better comes along.

Reactions: 7even

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad