Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs sign Auston Matthews to ELC

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Shouldn't of taken this long to sign him to a ELC contract with max bonuses you better hope that the hardball that was being played for a while doesn't have any negative effects on the future.

I don't even know what you're talking about. Many players don't sign until mid to late July

Ekblad didn't sign until August and that didn't seem to strain his relationship with Florida at all....

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I don't even know what you're talking about. Many players don't sign until mid to late July

Ekblad didn't sign until August and that didn't seem to strain his relationship with Florida at all....

Actually... ekblad signed in september :laugh:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Glad that's over. Took 10 minutes for Lou to "cave". Lol...well probably 8 minutes for the agent to read and agree to Lou's offer and 2 minutes for signing and photos.

Now for the real drama for Toronto Media to focus on. The Cowen buyout "fiasco".

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Way to hold to your guns Lou lol..... Did he really think the kid would not demand full bonus structure? He was #1 overall for f sakes. Does nothing but make him look a little foolish imo
Then he says he was planning that all along sure lol
Nice cya tweets

Do you really think Lou was holding out when it has been reported that the deal came together very quickly? You do know that they have other issues to attend to right?

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Yay, now we can move onto something else for everyone to speculate on while they're bored during the summer holidays.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
The media here is the worst! Even after Lou comes out and says the negotiations took 10 minutes yesterday, the TSN boys do a 7 minute segment about how they give credit to Lou for trying to get Matthews not to take the schedule B bonuses and how he was trying to stick to his guns and eventually caved.

Essentially it's calling Lou a liar because there is no credible information that he even tried not give Matthews those bonuses.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Happy to hear this, having him start on the wrong foot with the team would've been a bad thing. Rest easy Toronto fans your franchise center is locked up!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Matthews is signed. Good on the Leafs on finally making this happen. Some can thankfully breathe now and maybe we can move on. But I have to say this is now bordering on the line of beating a dead horse.

The scenario of the Leafs being too busy to have Pridham draw up a straight fwd Entry Level contract with max bonuses and having it couriered out to Brisson under the guise of being too busy this summer defeats all the logic of your premise. No one could be this incompetent. I like my theory a lot more.

The only incompetence I'm seeing is the weak trolling attempt and junk narrative. Everyone is happy, the player, the management team, the fanbase. All except some embarrassed journalists and bloggers and one "neutral" observer.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Have the Leafs signed their 2017 first rounder yet? They are so incompetent they don't even know who it is yet.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
You knew he would probably get signed. Going to be interesting to see what he can do in toronto.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The only incompetence I'm seeing is the weak trolling attempt and junk narrative. Everyone is happy, the player, the management team, the fanbase. All except some embarrassed journalists and bloggers and one "neutral" observer.

Not sure what you are referring to? Want to specifically explain what in my post you consider off? Then maybe I can respond to it in a constructive manner. Instead of the usual blanket statements. However, this does seem to be your narrative when reading replies on the Main board. That anyone would actually spend time here trolling Leafs related threads. Many of us post on many team's related threads here and we don't hear squat from those fanbases.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Not sure what you are referring to? Want to specifically explain what in my post you consider off? Then maybe I can respond to it in a constructive manner. Instead of the usual blanket statements. However, this does seem to be your narrative when reading replies on the Main board. That anyone would actually spend time here trolling Leafs related threads. Many of us post on many team's related threads here and we don't hear squat from those fanbases.

Not worth his time.

Congrats to us:yo:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not worth his time.

Congrats to us:yo:

In other words he has no argument to back up his claims. I wish you were right about not worth the time, since apparently many here have too much time in replying to my posts. If they were about the topic, it would even be worth my time responding to them.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You knew he would probably get signed. Going to be interesting to see what he can do in toronto.

Leafs won't have to worry about his next contract for a few years. The RFA one is usually the tougher one to agree to. This one will be the interesting one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad