Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs re-sign Martin Marincin (1 year, $700,000)

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
On my phone and I saw the forum abbreviated tag of “Leafs re-sign M”

Was expecting Mitch Marner. Got Martin Marincin.

Feels bad man

Sure does. I have to confess, I don't understand the Leafs fascination with this player.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I saw “Leafs re-sign M...” and thought I was about to read something huge.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Depth. With the Leafs situation being as tight as it is and Dermott being out until at least November/December they are going to have to play Marlies and/or cheap veterans.

My guess is that Babcock feels more comfortable with Marincin than with rookies like Rosen, Liljegren, or Sandin.

I'm not a fan of the move, but I understand the ideology behind it.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
:facepalm: really?

I hope he ends up on the Marlies and stays there. I was hoping this experiment was over.

It makes you think there probably won't be many depth guys they're willing to sign... or that are willing to sign with the Leafs for league minimum or around the 1 million mark.

Hopefully they can make a trade then. They have to finally do something with the D or they're going no where. Time to bite the bullet Dubas. They have to give some quality to get it.

A hockey trade 1 for 1 seems like one of the only options at this point unless they can get some picks back from other trades.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Depth. With the Leafs situation being as tight as it is and Dermott being out until at least November/December they are going to have to play Marlies and/or cheap veterans.

My guess is that Babcock feels more comfortable with Marincin than with rookies like Rosen, Liljegren, or Sandin.

I'm not a fan of the move, but I understand the ideology behind it.

oh my f***ing christ. If he and Holl are in the top 6, just pack it in.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dammit. I saw "Leafs re-sign M..." and I was getting really excited about resigning Mueller. Chris Mueller would have been a great 2C for the Marlies, this sucks!

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Well, he is likely the #7 in the press box. He can PK well. Maybe he gets fill in duty on the bottom pair and used on the PK. And he is a damn good AHL D.

But like others, I hoped the experiment had finished. He's not a NHL D 5v5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad