Proposal: Tor - LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
No thank you, Byfields potential is Marner's current. Marner>Byfield
I have seen both of these guys at least 50 times live each and I can with 100% certainty say that Marner is a better player.
Hell even Laf is behind Marner IMO. 2015 was an insane draft, 3 out of the top 4 were 1st OA level players.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
I have seen both of these guys at least 50 times live each and I can with 100% certainty say that Marner is a better player.
Hell even Laf is behind Marner IMO. 2015 was an insane draft, 3 out of the top 4 were 1st OA level players.
How many 1st overall caliber players does it take to make it past the 1st round?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Marner, not going anywhere
Nylander, not going anywhere

May as well just copy and paste this in every thread offering one of these two for trade, not that it will stop these threads.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Don't really see why the Leafs do this as a team trying to win now. Trading a 90-100 point winger for a prospect (even if it's Byfield) makes zero sense unless you're rebuilding. Dermott's not exactly a toss-in either.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
So the Kings are going to have 3 guys taking up 8 digits on the cap? It's not working for Toronto, and they're better than LA, so this makes no sense.
Exactly. Kings maybe come out with more certain impact from the players but they're rebuilding. There's no need to trade a top 3 prospect in the game.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Marner was more creative and dynamic then Lafranier but Lafranier was the better player in his junior + 3 year.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
i wish i could get the time back i wasted on opening this. appears to be a troll. ridiculous to suggest LA trade a player they just drafted second overall prior to ever playing a game
You may not agree with the trade. I dont either. But is it really a troll? I don’t think so. Look a the NHL there are terrible lopsided trades almost every year where people shake their heads and are shocked saying you gave up that for that or I would’ve gave up more. I bet there have been about three of them just in the last month or so. Schmidt, Murray are just two examples of that. Imagine the comments in here if someone proposed those trades.
There is a sucker born every minute.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Overpaid winger for a potential Franchise 1C.
Makes 0 sense for both sides though.

weinsink

Feb 8, 2018
Marner, not going anywhere
Nylander, not going anywhere

May as well just copy and paste this in every thread offering one of these two for trade, not that it will stop these threads.
Marner-overpaid.....Nylander-overpaid,kings laugh

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Literally makes no sense for either team. LA just drafted this guy, with the potential to be their franchise player for the next decade or longer, why are they moving him for Marner ?

As for the leafs, we are trying to win now. Trading our best winger for an Elite prospect does not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad