Proposal: [TOR/LA]

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Fixed it for you. I have typos all of the time so I understand how you made yours. Funny thing is that left the way that you had it makes you look like you know nothing about how valuable Martinez...Add in the "clutch" performances during the playoffs along with his experience and the Kings aren't going to part with him unless it is for an overpayment.

In a system with Quick, Doughty,Carter,Kopitar,Brown, etc...One doesn't apply "clutch" to a player with a few significant goals as though without which the entire enterprise collapses. This isn't to say he's not a talented player, it's not to say he hasn't been useful, but, Martinez no more defines Kings hockey than Niklas Hjalmarsson defines Hawks' hockey.

You obviously haven't been watching Toronto's evolution. Gardiner has another gear that Martinez most certainly doesn't. Reilly is finally emerging as something closer to what he's always demonstrated he could be. Zaitsev is an absolute revelation. Martinez would be our number four without prejudice at present and the gap will widen in the very near future. Especially in that, we don't quite know what we have in the reigning SHL rookie of the year, Andreas Borgman.

Most importantly, we have time to evaluate needs. And as clubs learn where their fates lie, Toronto will be in fantastic position to acquire a Martinez or a Hjlamarsson without having to trade JVR (Who could well fetch another asset) and most certainly without trading Nazem Kadri, who, maybe along with the likes of John Klingberg and Vincent Trocheck, has one of the more attractive contracts in the NHL.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
In the one we both are living in. It is not a hard concept to grasp that acquiring talent is costly.

If you mean the concrete reality where Nazem Kadri has his production, his role and his contract vs Alex Martinez's, again, I don't understand what concrete reality you're referencing in either instance.

If you're referencing some abstraction, again, I can't quite deform the concrete reality I live in to meet the apparent perspective you have where any NHL GM (who isn't currently managing Edmonton or Montreal) makes that move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad