Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Max Domi signs with the Maple Leafs (1 year, $3M)

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Buyout or trade murray
LTIRetired to Robias island for the season. I’m sure the guy WANTS to play, but he simply can’t maintain a healthy body for the workload an nhl goalie deals with over a season.
Shouldn’t be an issue

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Didn't tre say something about addressing the defence when he got hired? I know it's only the beginning of free agency but options are limited, as is cap space.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Leafs 20 man roster with Murray dealt and Lafferty/Timmins waived/sent down = 3.7m for Samsonov. Could clear more cap by moving out Jarnkrok if needed. Presumably Samsonov gets a bit of a raise on a one year deal? 1x2.5-3m? Allows us to keep one extra roster guy at 800k or so.

View attachment 725573
I have it similar
Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok
Lafferty-Kampf-Reaves
Rielly-Brodie
McCabe-Lilj
Gio-Klingberg
Sammy
Woll

I had Domi at 3.5 and Sammy at 3.5 and had 156k left, but if Domi is at 3 we can go 4 to Sammy.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I guess. I don't know.

It's just every year, another slew of rentals to fill out the roster but no real commitments to guys that will be here long-term beyond the core 4 (and Reilly).

Get bounced early. Rinse and repeat.
To a point, but these aren't guys you probably want to be stuck with long term. Plus Domi, Klingberg and Bertuzzi have no impact on the Nylander and Matthews extensions, so it's not limiting with the cap space of that.

Reactions: HomelessPepper

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Don't need to move him to fit any of this in. If they want to go all in this season then the smart move would be to keep him and if u cant sign him then oh well you would have paid the same for a player of his caliber at the deadline anyways.

If Treliving let a player like Willie walk...we are the laughing stock of the league.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Bertuzzi. Matthews. Marner.
Domi. Tavares. Nylander
Knies. Kampf. Jarnkrok
Lafferty. Holmberg. Reaves

The second line would have no defense. But would score a bunch
Second line would never get out of there own end to score enough

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
So after all of this does tre have to move out cap, or can we manage with muzzin ltir'd and possibly murray buyout/trade?

If we can keep willy and the other core, I'd be optimistic.

Although I'm happy we've addressed our top 9, I'm worried about defence (especially with klingberg) and goaltending situations. Points are cool in the regular season,but how do we fare in the playoffs?

So many questions... I guess we'll answers when it all begins. 🤞
Getting those timely goals in the playoffs has been this team’s downfall. Keefes system and the lynchpin players of this team have had them in the top 5-7 in pretty well every defensive metric that doesn’t factor in goaltending.
They need saves and a few to go in. The teams structure is fine

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
This is good news for the Sens as I believe it somewhat forces Toronto to buy out Matt Murray. We'll see I guess.

Edit:
Sorry for making it about my team. Was simply my first thought thats all. Another good signing by Toronto. I think they have a much better playoff team than they did last year now.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lot to ask for Samsonov. Toronto basically gave him a bunch of leverage. I think Samsonov tries to get the Korpisalo contract.

That is not comparable based on his history, I think he gets a bridge, hopefully, 2 years at 3ish. Then we can see who we want from him and Woll.

This is good news for the Sens as I believe it somewhat forces Toronto to buy out Matt Murray. We'll see I guess.

it doesn't.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Didn't tre say something about addressing the defence when he got hired? I know it's only the beginning of free agency but options are limited, as is cap space.

What do you mean we got Klingberg bruh lmfao. Jk.

There will be a trade it is obvious Willy is done in Toronto

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Domi-Mathews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Kampf-Knies
Jarnkrok-Lafferty-Reeves

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
That is not comparable based on his history, I think he gets a bridge, hopefully, 2 years at 3ish. Then we can see who we want from him and Woll.

it doesn't.
Big ask honestly. 2 years makes sense, but the alternative for Toronto in net is terrible. No starters on the market. Samsonov's agent should hold Treliving and Shannahan at gun point.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad