Pre-Game Talk: TOR @ CLB 7pm HNIC (SN, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They extended him for 1 year coming off a .919SV%. How exactly do you make a free agent "prove" he should be extended? Is it really beyond you to understand why they would keep a 26 year old goalie who put up top 10 starting numbers?
Was refering to re upping Keefe

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I do not think whatsoever that Marner and Nylander should be swapped back as they appear to be doing. Such lazy line changing. Matthews has been hot since shortly after being put with Nylander. I’d be jumbling the other 7 top nine forwards but leaving Matthews/Nylander together.

No shade to Marner whatsoever, but I don’t know why the coaches are splitting up a working duo.

Last edited:

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
lol matthews and marner back together. Only reason this could even make sense is if keefe wants matthews to improve marners crappy play

Reactions: Loki34

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
As usual the big boys don't even bother to show up to an optional skate, especially after an embarrassing loss. Like, you would think your leaders would be out there anyway.

Yup! This is not the only thing griding my gears

1) Young ones like Knies are there but where is Lily learning from the "leaders"?

2) IMO if there is an optional skate anybody that wears letters on their jersey should always be there unless some family thing, health, or other last minute emergency. Its not like Leafs have had a great playoff record where "leaders" can show up when they want.

3) Keefe's coaching aptitude extends to flipping wingers on tavares and matthews' line. There is no other thing he does. what about creating own depth by putting matthews/marner/nylander or three 11 AAV guys on three different lines? Or improving the defensive structure of the team/systems?

I wonder how many of Matthews' years are gonna be wasted by letting Keefe continue to coach the Leafs

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Wait, what? You're calling for a Leafs victory tonight? I'm shocked I tell ya, absolutely shocked! o_O
He also assured us Leaf’s will be leading the division by Jan 1 and Boston are not as a good of a team. I guess we will see. Personally the over the top homerism and coming out of nowhere posting all the time screams a rival fan.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Leafs come out flying, get themselves a 3-goal lead or so, then - right on cue - proceed to blow it until Nylander gets the winner in OT.

Though I'd much prefer a less dramatic game, starting with a commitment to solid defense, discipline, 60-minute effort and not hanging the goalie(s) out to dry again. Hey, one can dream.

Reactions: TMLife17

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Nah, they got embarrassed two nights ago, they’re kicking the crap out CBJ tonight.
It’s likely honestly. They don’t slump for long I expect them to go hard tonight.

Leafs come out flying, get themselves a 3-goal lead or so, then - right on cue - proceed to blow it until Nylander gets the winner in OT.

Though I'd much prefer a less dramatic game, starting with a commitment to solid defense, discipline, 60-minute effort and not hanging the goalie(s) out to dry again. Hey, one can dream.
That’s asking for way too much bud. Try again smaller Santa can only do so much this close to Christmas

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
lol matthews and marner back together. Only reason this could even make sense is if keefe wants matthews to improve marners crappy play
What I don’t get is Marner played great for a couple of games away from Matthews and then reverted to his sill fancy dipsy doo’s and whoopty doo’s

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I actually like Engvall, but yeah...

Something has gone awry.

You just listed 3 good defensive players (Holl, Kerfoot, Engvall) and a decent one (Bunting) that were replaced by 4 bad defensive players and we are wondering why defensively we look worse?

4 players is over 20% of the nightly roster.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Whomever scheduled the Toronto Maple Leafs in Columbus on a Saturday night on Christmas Eve Eve should be fired. I'm pretty sure this is costing the league a real and calculable amount of Hockey Related Revenue as well as the local downtown Toronto economy.

Should make up some volume with out of market fans hatewatching and the fire Keefe delegation.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
You just listed 3 good defensive players (Holl, Kerfoot, Engvall) and a decent one (Bunting) that were replaced by 4 bad defensive players and we are wondering why defensively we look worse?

Hahahahahaha.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Still bemoaning the fact your beloved Dubas is screwing up another team ?

• Love
Reactions: HolyCrap

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Still bemoaning the fact your beloved Dubas is screwing up another team ?

Nowhere was his name mentioned, nor were any GMs... I swear you people have a weird obsession.

Am I not allowed to point out that we got worse defensively because we got worse defensive players?

I don't even think they were the wrong moves necessarily... but what do people expect to happen?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Why they extended him is beyond me, should have made him prove he should be extended, or were they worried they’d lose a guy that can’t do shit in the playoffs?
They really had no choice to extend him. Woll still a question mark at the time, Murray a disaster, he was left without much. I was fine with one year, nobody thought he'd be league worst. I figured Woll would get the job though.

Reactions: NinjaKick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad