Pre-Game Talk: TOR @ CLB 7pm HNIC (SN, CBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
As usual the big boys don't even bother to show up to an optional skate, especially after an embarrassing loss. Like, you would think your leaders would be out there anyway.

Yes, the guys playing 20plus minutes a night should show up for an optional practice/skate so you would have one less thing to complain about.....

OR

They should rest when they need it and let their bodies heal. Every reasonable person (I exclude you from that group BTW: saves both of us time that way) knows they are banged-up and a little extra rest and healing may do them some good.

We also don't know if they were receiving treatment of some sort, we only know who was reported as being on the ICE for practice.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Whomever scheduled the Toronto Maple Leafs in Columbus on a Saturday night on Christmas Eve Eve should be fired. I'm pretty sure this is costing the league a real and calculable amount of Hockey Related Revenue as well as the local downtown Toronto economy.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
As usual the big boys don't even bother to show up to an optional skate, especially after an embarrassing loss. Like, you would think your leaders would be out there anyway.
We had our last practice today before holidays.

The boys who have either been drafted or signed and play with D1 schools were all present.

It was some of the younger, not as talented kids that skipped.

Just saying.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

Wouldn't it be better to be as fresh as possible for game time over an optional skate? That's what I've always thought.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Why they extended him is beyond me, should have made him prove he should be extended, or were they worried they’d lose a guy that can’t do shit in the playoffs?
This could be read like we are talking about both Sammy and Keefe.

I didn't want either one of them back for this season.

Reactions: rumman

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Why they extended him is beyond me, should have made him prove he should be extended, or were they worried they’d lose a guy that can’t do shit in the playoffs?

They extended him for 1 year coming off a .919SV%. How exactly do you make a free agent "prove" he should be extended? Is it really beyond you to understand why they would keep a 26 year old goalie who put up top 10 starting numbers?

Reactions: Optimist and Buds17

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Wait, what? You're calling for a Leafs victory tonight? I'm shocked I tell ya, absolutely shocked! o_O
Can you believe it? Especially against a powerhouse like Columbus! Incidentally, did you note my comment earlier in the week that I wasn't going to make any prediction on the Buffalo game? I was pretty sure the Leafs were going to lose that one.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Can you believe it? Especially against a powerhouse like Columbus! Incidentally, did you note my comment earlier in the week that I wasn't going to make any prediction on the Buffalo game? I was pretty sure the Leafs were going to lose that one.
Yeah if you figure they'll lose, best not to make any predictions. Or at least do so quietly, lest people think you're not a true fan. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap and mikeyz

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Yeah if you figure they'll lose, best not to make any predictions. Or at least do so quietly, lest people think you're not a true fan. ;)
I think they may struggle in the game against Ottawa next week, as well. At some point, Ottawa is going to turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad