Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CHI]Spencer Abbott for TJ Brennan

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Just saw this posted, why would they want TJ back? Marlies need help on the backend?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Looks like he's gotten a little more d minded just from a quick stat glance

Shwaguy*

Improve the Marlies for the Kids on the team, I like it.

Wonder if anything else will follow.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Good trade for the Marlies to help with their push for the playoffs .. They need an offensive PMD badly, not losing much with Abbott now that Nylander is in the fold

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Pshaw, Abbot ain't a thing.

Maybe this time TJ gets an actual look in the bigs.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Blockbuster

Most likely for Marlies, but maybe, just maybe because a trade involving Polak is in the works?

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Brennan provides way more Offence than Abbott. As a Dman.

Loved Brennan on the marlies. Guys one of the best Dmen in the whole A

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
This looks to be a move to help the Marlies in their playoff bid. Might get a peak with the Leafs if we move a defenseman.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was pushing hard for the Marlies to get an OFD. They needed it badly. Percy and Loov are OK in that department but it's not their strength. Brennan is one of the best in the AHL for that.

Abbott had a rough season this year. He's a great AHL player but he's never going to be a NHL player, undersized average skater and not overly strong on the puck.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Brennan is a beast in the AHL but can never make the full step up to the NHL. This is a great move for the Marlies.

mikebel111*

Wow was this unexpected but its a great deal
Brennan was absolutely amazing last season and should be a huge and I mean huge boost for the Marlies powerplay. Also his teammates loved Brennan as well(never to say they didnt like Abbott)

Spencer was a good soldier and great season last year but he really hasnt been the same since the injury. Also he became expendable with Nylander and Leipsic here
Good luck to Spencer, and welcome back TJ!

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Makes no sense as to why the BHawks would do this.

Unless the leafs are giving Brennan a shot at the NHL level which he obviously wouldn't get with the Hawks.

They just flat out downgraded Rockford's roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad