Proposal: [TOR/CHI] J. Van Riemsdyk @50% For N. Schmaltz, A. Desjardins +

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Bozak was technically slotted above Kadri most nights and he's not better. The way I listed them was in no order.

When making a lineup with wingers where all lines are fairly even and the top 9 is divided fairly easily and there's no real 1, 2 or 3 you can't really say 1 of the positions is above the others of the same position because they're all mixed up and the lines are just listed in some order. When you only list the 3 centers in an order people tend to list them in the order of ranking(if I were making a list of the Leafs centers I would certainly list them Matthews, Kadri, Bozak) then you're slotting the 2nd one in ahead of the 3rd. Had you listed 3 lines where they were all even and Schmaltz was on the 2nd one I wouldn't have said anything. I just found it really strange that you appeared to be ranking Kadri behind Schmaltz is all.

The Kadri line used to get more 5 on 5 time than the Bozak line anyway. So if I were going to list the lines I would have listed Kadri 2nd every night anyway.

So anyway assuming you're considering Schmaltz the 3rd best center behind Matthews and Kadri, and we already have Bozak and Nylander for now. Why trade JVR for a potential 3C when he's pretty much our only legit top 6 LW and we have a huge need at D? The 3C should be the least of our worries. If Nylander isn't ready for center in 2018 when Bozak's contract is up then we go get some stop gap in free agency or some lesser guy in a trade, you don't trade you best LW and main trade chip right now to shore up 3C for a year down the line when there's already 2 options right now when LW is a need as well as defense ahead of the need for a future 3C. You're trading a sorta expendable(because he probably won't be resigned) player from a weakness not for the bigger weakness(D) but for a potential depth piece for the biggest strength we have. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad