Proposal: (TOR/CHI) Bozak+Gauthier+Valiev for Anisimov

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
TOR upgrades 3C, finally getting a big two-way center.

CHI gets an expiring contract for cap relief and 2 NHL-ready prospects at 4C and 6D.

(TOR also has an extra 2nd this year iirc, if CHI wants to mix/match that in).

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
As a Leaf fan I would say yes, don't know how Hawk fans will feel about that though. Bozak has been good lately for us, but we could use some size badly throughout our lineup (moreso at the back-end).

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

CHI gets an expiring contract for cap relief and 2 NHL-ready prospects at 4C and 6D.

Chicago gets an expiring contract then needs to pay up in FA to get a top 6 centre or trade for one and that won’t be cheap.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense although I’m not sure how good those prospects are.

Reactions: uncleben85

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
CHI doesn't need cap relief, especially at the expense of a good value 2C when we are short at C anyway. And we DEFINITELY don't need any more 6D, we have a pile of them. Easy no for this proposal for me, but would not be averse to trading Anisimov for futures of some kind. I don't know Toronto assets well enough to propose something. I expect Anisimov will return something like a 2nd plus a good 3C prospect?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bozak is useless to the Hawks, would need to liquidate him and then use assets to land Anisimov

Valiev is redundant and Gauthier is maybe a 4C? I'd rather keep Anisimov.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I think the hawks would prefer some better talent going their way with bozak,
valiev could be a 6d on their roster, gauthier could be a 4c within a year, but not really exciting for them i would think.

I think they rather better prospects/players attached to bozak like leivo,bracco,aaltonen etc..
player with more upside.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Chicago gets an expiring contract then needs to pay up in FA to get a top 6 centre or trade for one and that won’t be cheap.

Doesn’t make a lot of sense although I’m not sure how good those prospects are.

Gauthier will be a 4C tops, and Valiev is most likely a bottom pairing physical D. Think a young Roman Polak

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Why do Leafs want a 29 year old with 3 more years at $4.5m cap who is a 2C on Chicago to be their 3C when they have Kadri at 2C at the same cap hit but with much better production and consistency/health?

Shouldn't the Leafs be looking to improve their 2C and move Kadri to 3C thereby strengthening their 2nd and 3rd lines substantially? Or looking to improve elsewhere if they're adding that much cap to the roster than for a 3rd line center (not saying Anisimov is a 3rd line C just saying that's where he'd end up on the Leafs)

Not trying to say this isn't a good deal for the Leafs value wise btw just saying I wouldn't like it unless we were flipping Anisimov for futures (because Gauthier, Valiev not worth much if anything just prospects like every team has, and Bozak expiring contract and who knows what he gets on an extension)

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
So Hawks trade their player for nothing....
jackets offer Jack Johnson,Tyler Motte and and anothet bust for Kadri, how does that feel?

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
As a Hawks fan, I'd want a late 1st or 2nd + prospect for Anisimov right now.

Anisimov (500k retained) for Dube(3rd best prospect, C) + Kylinton(probably around 6-8th prospect, 3/4 on our Dmen prospect)
Dube would probably start off at 3/4C and build his way up to being a 2/3C, Kylinton looks like a top 4, 3D at best imo.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think the hawks would prefer some better talent going their way with bozak,
valiev could be a 6d on their roster, gauthier could be a 4c within a year, but not really exciting for them i would think.

I think they rather better prospects/players attached to bozak like leivo,bracco,aaltonen etc..
player with more upside.

bracco would probably be as non starter if they are expecting him on top of bozak. just not enough of an upgrade to justify tossing in one of out better prospects

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
For Anisimov to CLB or Tor I would take these two deals if I'm the hawks
Tor gets; Anisimov and either Bouma or Wingles
Chi gets: Kerby Rychel with one dman and one forward prospect from Miro Aaltonen, Andreas Johansson, Andrew Neilsen, Travis Dermott
or if CLB wants in it be
CLB gets: Anisimov any prospect except the dcat I'll say Gustav Forsling
Chi gets: Sonny Milano Gabriel Carlson and Brett Gallant thrown in because I like him.

varano

Jun 27, 2013

No thanks.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
For Anisimov to CLB or Tor I would take these two deals if I'm the hawks
Tor gets; Anisimov and either Bouma or Wingles
Chi gets: Kerby Rychel with one dman and one forward prospect from Miro Aaltonen, Andreas Johansson, Andrew Neilsen, Travis Dermott
or if CLB wants in it be
CLB gets: Anisimov any prospect except the dcat I'll say Gustav Forsling
Chi gets: Sonny Milano Gabriel Carlson and Brett Gallant thrown in because I like him.

I'm fine with giving up a bit more for Anisimov, provide the hawks retain some salary

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Rychel + Aaltonen + Neilsen for Anisimov + Wingles isn't horrible.
Really depends on how the Leafs want to use Nylander next year.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This doesn't seem to really accomplish anything for CHI. Just adding a bunch of stuff. Straight up pick of some kind would make more sense. Roster filler just complicates things.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Just don't think it's enough of an upgrade to throw any meaningful assets at. Plus it's not like Bozak can't contribute in the playoffs, in fact his production is quite good. Would rather save assets for someone better suited.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

So a lot of nothing for Anisimov. Good luck.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Bozak's good but Toronto wants Anisimov they're going to have to offer someone better than Valiev and Gauthier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad