Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CGY] David Rittich (@50%) for 2022 3rd round pick

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Didn’t even see this trade, I like it. I think dubas has done well so far, I assume he may grab another dmen or depth forward, just as insurance.
Can argue he overpaid but I think he’s getting the right players and I doubt he’ll lose any sleep on what he’s given up so far... bunch of scratchers

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
What the..

What?

It depends what version of Dave the Leafs get. No Save Dave or Big Save Dave. That's risky for any top contender to be acquiring a super inconsistent backup for a big cup run. If they get No Save Dave and he sees the ice this playoffs, they are in big trouble.

I still think they should have acquired James Reimer or Petr Mrazek instead. Both having much better seasons and playing with confidence going into the playoffs.

Davenport

Dec 4, 2020
Toronto
Toronto now has three NHL-ready goaltenders - with everyone healthy. Apparently, Buffalo is going to trade away their only NHL-ready goaltender some time today. Somewhere, Jack is screaming: "Get me out of here!"

Last edited:

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Avs picking up Dubnyk for a 5th and cap dump looks solid compared to this.

The drop off between 3rd and 5th round in terms of becoming an NHL player is marginal. Something like 12% of 3rd round picks become an NHL player, I believe it's 8% of 5th round.

Rittich is currently an NHL player so Im not concerned about what could have been.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'm a bit surprised the Oilers haven't made a deal similar to this. If anything happens to Mike Smith, they're pretty much done.

Reactions: uncleben

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Does Toronto have any picks over the next 3 years anymore?

picks.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I'm a bit surprised the Oilers haven't made a deal similar to this. If anything happens to Mike Smith, they're pretty much done.

Holland is just happy to make the playoffs. With their prospects pool, the Oilers cant really afford to give up futures.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The Leafs picked up the a goalie in the top 5 all time in wins for the Calgary Flames, and he's still only 28

Reactions: Fig

SuperLegitNHLInsider

3 This year, 4 next year and all their picks in 2023. They picked 12 times last draft.
On top of this the leafs are known to do a lot of trading down come draft day to get more picks and aren’t afraid to trade prospects for picks either in the offseason

the leafs farm system is so good that if we ever felt we needed extra picks (3rds/4ths) we can afford to trade some guys for it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad