Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CAR] TOR acquire F Alex Galchenyuk for F Yegor Korshkov and D David Warofsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Im actually pretty sad they dont have him down with the Marlies. We have 1 month where we can yo-yo him before he needs to go through waivers again. If we want him to be a good pro, we need to give him like a mini training camp.

My proposed timeline:
2 weeks with the skills and development team, specifically Barb Underhill. I really dont think it can be overstated how much his knee injury and subsequent drop in skating ability derailed his career. Even if she can just get him slightly better, it could be a big difference.

2 week of AHL games, where he is given PP and PK time. See if he is willing to at least try to be defensively responsible. He can chat with Keefe and the staff about the system, what they want to see from him all while getting him some good ice time and touches.

Called back up the the taxi squad/NHL the day before he needs to go through waivers.

I think this gives him the best chance to get back into pro form.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I dont know why but I actually have a feeling he will be a good fit for us. Strange feeling seeing him as a Leaf as I wanted him in his draft year lol.

Regardless of whether he works out or lot the amount of top 10 picks on Toronto is pretty staggering.

Matthews
Tavares
Thornton
Spezza
Bogosian
Galchenyuk
Marner
Rielly
Nylander

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Good lord what a black hole of mediocrity...except for Ron Stewart and Errol Thompson, and a couple of decent players who either dropped it after a year or were traded out of it. The rest? YIKES!!!

Reactions: Bluelines

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I honestly wonder if his surgery in junior was botched on some level. He was arguably a better skater at 16 than he's been in the NHL.

Reactions: GermanLeaf

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Jack Han does real good work, here's a couple of twitter threads. Little tidbits include that Chucky trained with Belfry and Matthews over the summer, his skating hindering parts of his game, and his issues on the backhand:

I'm impressed (and a little shocked) by Han's candidness. Good read though.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Jack Han does real good work, here's a couple of twitter threads. Little tidbits include that Chucky trained with Belfry and Matthews over the summer, his skating hindering parts of his game, and his issues on the backhand:

I cant get enough of the Jack dude... really interesting takes of strategy and proper skating form.. thanks for the share...

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Galchenyuk had some horrible skating habits as a teenager that haven't completely disappeared as illustrated above. There's video of him as a junior almost standing on the side of his foot while he buries the puck with his sweet hands. He's lucky that he didn't develop chronic high ankle issues (or maybe he did?).

Probably wishful thinking as he has a history of ignoring coaching input. Sometimes these dudes start listening. Anton Stralman started listening the year Columbus cut him loose and he had to beg for a job.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
The Leafs have all of the high-end draft talent now:naughty::laugh::

Auston Matthews1st overall
John Tavares1st overall
Joe Thornton1st overall
Jason Spezza2nd overall
Zach Bogosian3rd Overall
Alex Galchenyuk3rd Overall
Mitchell Marner4th overall
Morgan Rielly5th overall
William Nylander8th overall
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Eric Staal 2nd overall and Sam Bennett 4th overall incoming

Reactions: banks and ToneDog

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
We acquired Galch to hopefully burn the habs in the division finals. Let's see how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad