Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CAR] Leafs acquire Alex Galchenyuk from Carolina for Egor Korshkov and David Warsofsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Galchenyuk has never been good. He skates one direction. AS good as his top line stats were in Montreal he was absolute garbage overall. Great, he scored 30 goals but he cost the team double that the defensively. He made every player who touched the ice with him worse.

But the Leaf media has been told to shine Galchenyuk up and Leaf fans eat up and regurgitate anything they are fed. So now we get posts about how he is DOMINATING.

What a terrible post.

The fact is Galchenyuk is playing great with Tavares and Nylander, but I guess that line having a 5v5 CF% north of 60 and xGF% over 80% is just idiot Leafs fans eating up what the "Leafs media" tells them.

It's an extremely small sample size, no doubt, but so far, he's been great. Does he keep it up? I doubt it, but we're extremely happy with how he's played so far.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Galchenyuk has been a pleasant surprise. I thought last night was the first time he actually looked like a good fit with Tavares and Willy. His effort prior was good but there wasn't the same level of cohesion. If that continues Dubas deserves a lot of credit for recognizing him as a potential quality addition and making the move to acquire him. I admit he was a guy i had never given any consideration to.

Reactions: banks

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Those this team will never win with X player are maybe the dumbest posts on these boards.

Every team that has ever won the cup has had flaws. Every one.
Hockey is a team game, if a team can’t win with one mediocre player in their top 6 it isn’t because of that player it’s because the rest of the team didn’t play well enough to make up for it.

I’m not saying Toronto or any team with a guy like Chucky shouldn’t be looking to improve on his spot in the lineup but posts like that are just plain asinine.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Lol pointing put Bryan Rust had a hat trick last night. Was a PPG player last season. 2 time cup champion who played a key role.. you better find a better argument cause you will get schooled..... its not about Hyman or Joe or simmonds...its about Alex G ... if you really deep down think he will be a vital second line player come playoff time well have i got some trades for you....look at the 2nd line of teams like Colorado Vegas tampa etc thay should be all you need to know... when healthy Pittsburgh can put a second line of malkin with a combination of zucker rust Jake Kapanen McCann lol...thats your silly argument!! Depth scoring is important thats the key idea here ...Alex G isn't depth scoring.

Wow, this is an amazingly dense post. Bryan Rust was a sophomore with 39 points in his last 100 regular season games when they won the cup. What he becomes later in his career doesn't matter on the days that he was actually playing those games four years ago. If you think that I really deep down believe Galchenyuk will be a vital second line piece, you must not have read my posts where I made it very clear that I wasn't bothered one way or the other if he did become one or not.

It's at about this point while reading and responding to your argument that I bothered to read the second half. Oh boy. If you're the kind of poster who thinks that Alex Galchenyuk playing 11 minutes means that the Leafs have no depth scoring, while ignoring that our depth scoring is getting results as good as the Lightning's and better than Colorado's, I think it's pretty clear we're done here. Feel free to hit the reply button and then mush some more random player names into a post if that's what it takes for you to "school" me, but I really can't promise I'll care.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
This happens so often. Spezza is done, Ennis is done, Simmonds is done, Galchenyuk sucks. The Leafs employ darryl belfry and barb underhill, arguably the best skills coach and the best skating coach in the business. They work with the development staff and look much better.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad