Proposal: TOR-BOS-CGY

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Boston trading Swayman makes no sense. You move Ullmark first if you have to
Calgary acquiring another goalie makes even less sense. They have Markstrom, Wolf and Vladar. They need to move a goalie not acquire one. Boston's young players and picks would be of interest. Their goalies not so much. Edmonton needs one of your goalies.

Reactions: TMLLFC

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
As a realistic fan of Toronto I actually like the OP's deal a lot. I think the value is quite fair though I'd rather the goalie going to Boston be Samsonov instead of Woll.

A lot of Leafs fans are overvaluing Nylander. He's got less than a year left, extension or not he doesn't have insane trade value. Carlo and Tanev are both far better than Brodie. And I doubt Hanifin would wanna come to Toronto anyway

Reactions: Americanadian

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
As a realistic fan of Toronto I actually like the OP's deal a lot. I think the value is quite fair though I'd rather the goalie going to Boston be Samsonov instead of Woll.

A lot of Leafs fans are overvaluing Nylander. He's got less than a year left, extension or not he doesn't have insane trade value. Carlo and Tanev are both far better than Brodie. And I doubt Hanifin would wanna come to Toronto anyway

Oh boy. Maybe Carlo but Tanev is clearly not better... hes just worst

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
The cap wouldn't work with Samsonov and Woll doesn't really have a future as 1G if Swayman is in Toronto. The Leafs would move on from Samsonov after this season and just run with Swayman/vet UFA backup going forward. Woll could eventually take over as 1G for Ullmark in Boston. I also think the value would be off if Boston had to absorb Samsonov instead of Woll.

Boston trading Swayman makes no sense. You move Ullmark first if you have to
Ullmark doesn't get you Nylander. At the end of the day - only one goalie plays at any time. For winning playoff games they are better off dropping one of their two elite goalies, picking up a good back up in Woll and a impact forward. If Boston's ultimate goal is winning the presidents trophy again they might be better off keeping two elite goalies over acquiring an impact forward for one of them.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So Leafs trade away

Nylander with an extension
Woll
Liljegren
Brodie
1st
Abruzzese
Klingberg

And receive
Carlo
Swayman
Frederic
Zadorov
Tanev

Get the f*** out of here LOL.

Edit: Woll not Holl lmao

Last edited:
Reactions: TMLLFC

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
In what world does half a season of Nylander plus a late mid- late 1st and a meh dman going to a different team get you one of the top 5 dman in the league signed? They must have some wild stuff in the water up there.

Please never change leaf fans.
OPs post clearly says an extended Nylander.

So we’d be trading a guy who is tied for second in league scoring and was over a PPG last year for Carlo lol? No thanks

Maybe people don’t read so good in Boston

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I have read a lot of nonsensical posts from you but this one is the best.....or worst depending on your point of view. I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with you. :thumbd:

After comparing Carlo to Holl nobody on this board should ever take anything you say seriously again. :loony:

Did you read what I meant by that or did you take that Carlo is equal in ability to Holl?

My point was they are stay at home dmen who have bad stretches of bone headed, dumbfounding play. Bruins fans rag on Carlo as much as Leaf fans did on Holl. Don't try and deny it because it's the main boards. Go read basically any GDT

LeveilleFan19

Jul 13, 2016
For carlo he can be the best leafs defender maybe but leafs need an all-around D not a shutdown D...
This is why Toronto, without fail, is always the elephant hanging over the ledge by a string. Too much focus on offense and lack of balance on defense. Eventually, the strings can't hold the weight anymore and down goes crashing the Leaf's.

Championship teams are built around defense and goaltending............Something the Leaf's have neither of.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Mmmm totally awful for toronto

Brodie = tanev
Liljegren = zadorov both 4/5th D but was of those 2 is paid 3X less...

So at the end toronto giving up nylander, woll and a 1st pick... for Swayman and carlo...in wich kind of world that should be good?
If you switch Nylander for Marner it's not bad tbh. Obviously Nylander would be extended. Solves all of Torontos issues. Knies and Robertson step up in offensive roles.

Top 4 rd who are rocks.defensively that make 5 or less are the hardest thing to find. They're worth their weight in gold.

Oh boy. Maybe Carlo but Tanev is clearly not better... hes just worst
Neutral fan I'd take Tanev over Brodie every single time.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Did you read what I meant by that or did you take that Carlo is equal in ability to Holl?

My point was they are stay at home dmen who have bad stretches of bone headed, dumbfounding play. Bruins fans rag on Carlo as much as Leaf fans did on Holl. Don't try and deny it because it's the main boards. Go read basically any GDT

I mean if you want to talk about 23 year old Carlo, sure, but your memory is off on this one.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
This is why Toronto, without fail, is always the elephant hanging over the ledge by a string. Too much focus on offense and lack of balance on defense. Eventually, the strings can't hold the weight anymore and down goes crashing the Leaf's.

Championship teams are built around defense and goaltending............Something the Leaf's have neither of.

i dont know whats your point when i said than leafs need more than a D who can defend but a d who can play 200 feet of the ice so who can play as much like a shutdown D
If you switch Nylander for Marner it's not bad tbh. Obviously Nylander would be extended. Solves all of Torontos issues. Knies and Robertson step up in offensive roles.

Top 4 rd who are rocks.defensively that make 5 or less are the hardest thing to find. They're worth their weight in gold.

Neutral fan I'd take Tanev over Brodie every single time.

thats didn't solve leafs issues, better to defend yes maybe but still struggling to move out of defensive zone who was #1 issue last playoff. bring 3 unidimentionnal D doesn't giving you a balance D, you still with an unidimebtionnal D

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Will this comment ever stop? Leafs finished top 5 defensively last season for god sakes and are talked about as if they are bottom 5 every year. The year before that they were top 7.

TMLLFC

Apr 17, 2023
Why the **** would you bring Toronto into this abomination? Calgary and Boston could probably make a deal, but the proposal above doesn't really make sense for anyone involved.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I did but I still disagree with your comment. They may play somewhat similar styles but Holl is not even close to the player that Carlo is.

Bruins fans rag on Carlo as much as Leaf fans did on Holl. Don't try and deny it because it's the main boards. Go read basically any GDT

I won't deny it but it's nowhere near the level it was a few seasons ago. And most of those complaints came from fans who put way too much emphasis on the fact that because he is known as a defensive defenseman any mistakes he makes in the defensive zone seem to stick out more.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
OPs post clearly says an extended Nylander.

So we’d be trading a guy who is tied for second in league scoring and was over a PPG last year for Carlo lol? No thanks

Maybe people don’t read so good in Boston
Besides that fact that I don’t live in Boston and Mass is typically a top 3 area for schools, I think if you’re going to be a sniveling nerd and comment on reading comprehension maybe understand the difference between “well” and “good”.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad