Proposal: TOR-BOS-CGY

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
To BOS: Lindholm (extended), Nylander (extended), Woll, Liljegren (+0.1M this season)
To TOR: Carlo, Swayman, Frederic, Zadorov (extended), Tanev (-0.15M this season)
To CGY: Debrusk (extended), Klingberg, Brodie, Abruzzese, TOR 24 1st, BOS 25 1st, Lysell (+0.05M this season)

It seems like another piece needs to go from Boston to Calgary but I don't know what that is.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
To BOS: Lindholm (extended), Nylander (extended), Woll, Liljegren (+0.1M this season)
To TOR: Carlo, Swayman, Frederic, Zadorov (extended), Tanev (-0.15M this season)
To CGY: Debrusk (extended), Klingberg, Brodie, Abruzzese, TOR 24 1st, BOS 25 1st, Lysell (+0.05M this season)

It seems like another piece needs to go from Boston to Calgary but I don't know what that is.
Why would more have to be added from Bos that’s already an overpay.

McLeafy

Sep 26, 2014
Make that missing piece easier and remove the leafs from this proposal all together.

Certainly not trading an extended Nylander to Boston for swayman and 2 players we dont need. I'd want hanafin not tanev or zadorov. Why hes extended is beyond me.

Cgy getting hosed with all those contracts going their way because of the contracts dumped by Boston to toronto.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Make that missing piece easier and remove the leafs from this proposal all together.

Certainly not trading an extended Nylander to Boston for swayman and 2 players we dont need. I'd want hanafin not tanev or zadorov. Why hes extended is beyond me.

Cgy getting hosed with all those contracts going their way because of the contracts dumped by Boston to toronto.

If you don’t think Toronto needs Carlo I think you are qualified to be the GM of the Leafs!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think Leafs fans are overvaluing pending UFA Nylander’s value. He is a great player that you have to give up assets for and pay 10 million bucks to. The Leafs solve both their goaltending and defense problems in one swoop while giving up a guy they are gonna lose anyway, a whatever young goalie and a late first. It’s not as bad for Toronto as is being implied at all.

I also think this deal is so f***ing convoluted and crazy none of the teams would do it.

There are much simpler deals.

Reactions: G Backup

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
They need both. And honestly they need a #1, they have the #2.

Rielly is a good #1 ... last 2 year, he was 2nd amount d pts/ gm at 5v5 in playoff ( where leafs really need him at his best) just in front of Cale Makar... so no i dont think its a need...

Guy to complete a top 4, they already have it... brodie, mccabe, liljegren , they dont need a 4th one...They need a #2 who can be an all around player and stabilize the 2nd pair and its certainly not Carlo

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Rielly is a good #1 ... last 2 year, he was 2nd amount d pts/ gm at 5v5 in playoff ( where leafs really need him at his best) just in front of Cale Makar... so no i dont think its a need...

Guy to complete a top 4, they already have it... brodie, mccabe, liljegren , they dont need a 4th one...They need a #2 who can be an all around player and stabilize the 2nd pair and its certainly not Carlo

If that’s what you think, more power to you.

stungun54

Apr 15, 2018
HFBoards since 2000
this could be the worst trade i have seen on this site and I have been here for over 20 years. why in gods name does boston even consider trading for any ufa they can sign next summer.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

This is horrendous for Toronto if we are trading Nylander, Lil a 1st and more send us McAvoy and not a package of spare parts

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

What contracts are Boston “dumping” exactly?

Reactions: Americanadian

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
This is horrendous for Toronto if we are trading Nylander, Lil a 1st and more send us McAvoy and not a package of spare parts
Swayman, Carlo, Zadorov, Tanev = spare parts?

this could be the worst trade i have seen on this site and I have been here for over 20 years. why in gods name does boston even consider trading for any ufa they can sign next summer.
The assumption here is they can win this year and these players make them better this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad