The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
To Arizona:
Mitch Marner (10,893,000 x 5 years)

To Toronto:
Clayton Keller (7,150,000 x 8 years)
Niklas Hjalmarsson (5,000,000 x 1 year)

Add, subtract, do whatever you want. Really just wanted to hear your feedback on this.

I also had a question. Toronto is currently retaining 1.2 Million of Phil Kessel's 8 Million salary. Is there a way to trade that salary retention? Like give up a pick to a team that needs to get to the cap floor in order for them to retain Kessel's salary? I know Toronto did something similar with Robin Lehner when he was traded from Chicago to Vegas. They retained a portion of his contract and got a pick in exchange.
It would be closer to fair if AZ retained 50% on Hjalmarsson and added Kuemper while Toronto added Anderson.

Still don’t think it does the trick. ;)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You just make it the mother of all HFboards trades.

Keller
Hammer @50%
Keumper

For
Mitch
Freddy
Kerfoot
Holl

Clears over 7.2M cap.

Holl to Hjalmarsson
Andersen to Keumper
Kerfoot to Keller
Marner to AP27

From AZ's perspective:
Keller to Marner
Keumper to Andersen
Hjalmarsson for Holl (yikes)
cap space to Kerfoot

Cap situation for AZ is bad after that, but you have to think they find a way to make it work afterwards when the return is that decent. Money this year is pretty close.
Whoa. Hilarious. I didn’t read past the OP before responding. I see I was beat to the punch. Lol.

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
No clue whatsoever.

Marner has negative trade value at that cap hit. No GM that knows anything would want that type of player at that cap hit. With what Marner has shown at playoff time last couple years, Leafs are stuck with him. Cheers

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Marner has negative trade value at that cap hit. No GM that knows anything would want that type of player at that cap hit. With what Marner has shown at playoff time last couple years, Leafs are stuck with him. Cheers
Maybe on the board

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
You just make it the mother of all HFboards trades.

Keller
Hammer @50%
Keumper

For
Mitch
Freddy
Kerfoot
Holl

Clears over 7.2M cap.

Holl to Hjalmarsson
Andersen to Keumper
Kerfoot to Keller
Marner to AP27

From AZ's perspective:
Keller to Marner
Keumper to Andersen
Hjalmarsson for Holl (yikes)
cap space to Kerfoot

Cap situation for AZ is bad after that, but you have to think they find a way to make it work afterwards when the return is that decent. Money this year is pretty close.
Done! No give backsies!

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019

This opinion is bad.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010

Only on HF a 23 year-old 90+ point will have negative value.

Reactions: EK392000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad