Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ARI] TOR acquire G Carter Hutton from ARI for Future Considerations

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
You know our goaltending has been trash when they get a 36 year old with a .741% this season.
I know being a debby downer is your thing but you do realize he's maybe 5th on the depth chart, right? I mean, do you wanna find me a goalie 5th on any teams depth chart that's any good?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kyper says there are no future considerations. The Leafs are pretty much taking and paying Hutton his salary taking it off the Yotes' plate. Thanks for coming.

I wonder if that impacts whether it's a 3rd or a 2nd that goes back to Arizona?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I wonder if that impacts whether it's a 3rd or a 2nd that goes back to Arizona?
why would it impact the pick ?

it's obvious Hutton was part of the original deal to save the Yotes some cash but he needed to clear before he became our property

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
why would it impact the pick ?

it's obvious Hutton was part of the original deal to save the Yotes some cash but he needed to clear before he became our property

It’s not that clear to me Hutton was part of the original trade since it needed Dzingel to be claimed to make room. What if Dzingel went unclaimed and we couldn’t accommodate? As it stands Arizona got a chunk of cash back.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It’s not that clear to me Hutton was part of the original trade since it needed Dzingel to be claimed to make room. What if Dzingel went unclaimed and we couldn’t accommodate? As it stands Arizona got a chunk of cash back.

I think he wasn't part of the original deal because he was on waivers at the time. IDK if Dzingel getting claimed made any difference.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I know being a debby downer is your thing but you do realize he's maybe 5th on the depth chart, right? I mean, do you wanna find me a goalie 5th on any teams depth chart that's any good?
I mean we just lost back to back games 4th stringers on bad teams :sarcasm:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

We could accommodate either way.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
We could accommodate either way.

Yes, but it would have been one more used contract spot and perhaps the Leafs preferred to not have to pay both Dzingel and Hutton NHL salaries to be in the minors. I can easily see the deal being "Look. If Dzingel is claimed and Hutton isn't, we'll take Hutton off your hands." But we're unlikely to ever know, so it's probably not worth much more discussion.

Reactions: Buds17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad