Proposal: [TOR/ANA]

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
JVR, Nikita Soshnikov & Trevor Moore for Andy Welinski, Max Jones, Antoine Vermette & 2018 3rd

Ducks:
•get two NHL forwards to help their injury-plagued Roster, also add a prospect (main purpose of adding Moore was to have 3 NHL contracts going each way)
•dump the salary of Vermette
•lose a D prospect (a position they are very deep in), so they essentially lose 1 quality future piece in Jones

Leafs:
•get Leivo into the lineup regularly
•give Sosh an NHL opportunity elsewhere
•deal from a position of strength (offense)
•add a near-ready RHD and PWF for the future
•get back into the 3rd round of the '18 Draft

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I guess its alright idk anthing bout sosh or moore, but vermetw is useless in anaheim, and welinski will realstically never get a chance in anaheim... oops didnt see max jones in there maybe id pass then

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Garbage for Toronto
It depends how you value the prospects we receive. I'd say Welinski holds more value than Soshnikov and that Jones is a very solid add to our pool who compliments what we have very nicely. Vermette, although a cap dump, could also be tried at 4C. An extra pick never hurts either

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Nikita Soshnikov is a 24 year old Russian winger who hasn't established himself as a NHLer.
Trevor Moore is a 22 year who hasn't played in the NHL yet and has only 3 points in 12 AHL games this season.
JVR is a UFA to be that we wouldn't sign to a new contract because of cost.

Ducks have a banged up team that could very well miss the playoffs. Don't ask for Max Jones. No deal.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Nikita Soshnikov is a 24 year old Russian winger who hasn't established himself as a NHLer.
Trevor Moore is a 22 year who hasn't played in the NHL yet and has only 3 points in 12 AHL games this season.

Ducks have a banged up team that could very well miss the playoffs. Don't ask for Max Jones. No deal.
I'd argue that Sosh is an effective NHL who is simply buried in our system, I could see Anaheim not bothering with trades like this as you suggested though.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It depends how you value the prospects we receive. I'd say Welinski holds more value than Soshnikov and that Jones is a very solid add to our pool who compliments what we have very nicely. Vermette, although a cap dump, could also be tried at 4C. An extra pick never hurts either

it does nothing to make this team better today, and at this point that needs to be the focus.

This isn't 14-15, 15-16 or even 16-17 anymore The focus has shifted from collecting prospects to getting better

The first sign of that was trading for Andersen
then a couple days later they drafted Matthews
then they traded for Boyle and would have had Fippula in that deal to but he blocked it.
Then they landed Marleau, and almost brought in Thornton and Condon

This team is quite clearly not in the business of selling guys for picks and prospects anymore, they are building a team that can take a run trading JVR for scraps doesn't help that

That doesn't mean do what the jays did in 2015 and gut the farm system but it is quite clear to see that since June 2016 the driection has started to change and collecting picks and prospects is no longer the focus.

Reactions: Philadelphia Ducks

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I guess its alright idk anthing bout sosh or moore, but vermetw is useless in anaheim, and welinski will realstically never get a chance in anaheim... oops didnt see max jones in there maybe id pass then

Oh, darn. We thought you wouldn't notice.

Forget about it, then. We'll call again later!

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

Soshnikov is damaged goods who could be a real bargain or a complete bust.

He did make the Leafs roster last season -- no mean feat -- but acquired a head injury and his recovery is a process: Nikita Soshnikov's NHL chances damaged by summer of distress - Sportsnet.ca

If the Leafs do trade him, it will likely be from the bargain bin.

If they keep him, he might amount to nothing, but if his recovery goes well he could be a very useful NHL player and a potential replacement for Leo Komarov.

The risk is high, but his upside is good.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Does this not gut Anaheim's center depth even more? JVR and Soshnikov are wingers, and I'm pretty sure than Trevor Moore is inferior to Vermette by quite a bit.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so basically JVR + spare parts for max jones + spare parts?

leafs pass. Jones isn't dominating the OHL like a 1st rd pick should be. 45pts in 47 games since being drafted ? meh

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
No interest in this from Anaheim. Jones is an easy deal breaker for a deal centered around a rental - should be Bozak anyway, particularly after the camp he had. There's a lot of bloat there that should be simplified, seems like it's just there to sneak Welinski into the deal. If we were taking a shot on a rental winger I'd go for Kane over JVR, as he fits our team's makeup.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
That's a lot for the Leafs to give up for a B prospect, a C prospect and a cap dump.

Very easy pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: BM14

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
65 games of JVR + negotiating rights >>> prospect with 3rd line upside

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
65 games of JVR + negotiating rights >>> prospect with 3rd line upside

In all 47,248 "JVR to ANA" threads Ducks fans have said the team cannot afford to re-sign JVR. If you guys want value based on "negotiating rights" you should probably offer him to a team that has some intention of re-signing him instead of beating this same dead horse no?

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Garbage for Toronto

Max Jones is exactly the type of player Toronto needs going forward. We really have no grit in our top nine. Jones is a bit of a cement head but he's big, tough and can score. Leafs aren't winning the Cup this year, i'm hoping they will make a couple of smart moves like this for their impending UFA's....similar to what St. Louis did with Shattenkirk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad