Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Jhonas Enroth to ANA for 7th in 2018

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Because there is no value smaller than that above free? It's a cent coin. You can try to find a bank that will process a $0.005 transfer, but it probably won't be worth the hassle. He was free a week ago, wasn't needed then, now an injury happened, the Ducks needed someone, made the call, and paid the minimum above free, basically to have the freedom to assign him where they need him right away, which they would not have had had they taken the free version.

The bold should be in the OP. Some are acting like it's unheard of for players that were just waived to be traded. Good move for both teams. Toronto clears a contract and a player they don't need. Anaheim gains a strong AHL goalie for their farm team, who is missing their top two goalies. Win-win.

I'd get the reaction if we just traded a mid round pick or something, but FFS, it's a 7th rounder 2 drafts from now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I wonder if ANA is considering waiving Bernier. Seems like the trendy thing to do these days.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So Enroth for about as little as you can get. I'm ok with this, especially since he could have taken for nothing when he went on waivers.

RedHead Kingpin

Jan 14, 2012
Runestone
Because there is no value smaller than that above free? It's a cent coin. You can try to find a bank that will process a $0.005 transfer, but it probably won't be worth the hassle. He was free a week ago, wasn't needed then, now an injury happened, the Ducks needed someone, made the call, and paid the minimum above free, basically to have the freedom to assign him where they need him right away, which they would not have had had they taken the free version.

Good answer. I wondered what was in this for Anaheim, and you explained it. I love hf.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Not true. There could have been conditions around the pick to make it even more worthless, but there was not. What a steal!

As I thought about it, yeah, that's one way, and another would be to push the pick back to a future draft, which I only then realized they did. :)

I mean, Chayka was able to get Holland from TOR for a conditional pick that the Coyotes will likely never have to give up. Was Bob Murray a little desperate with the Gulls playing tonight and Friday?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Interesting deal for sure. Let's see if Enroth can reclaim his touch for Anaheim as he had last year.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
If anyone wants to become some sort of trade guru in this section, better stick to proposals between the Leafs and Ducks as they have the best chance of becoming true.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I mean, Chayka was able to get Holland from TOR for a conditional pick that the Coyotes will likely never have to give up. Was Bob Murray a little desperate with the Gulls playing tonight and Friday?

Similar as the Bernier conditional pick, then. :) But yeah, it's fair to say that Murray probably did want to get this done quickly, and therefore was willing to include just something tangible for the Leafs.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
I know a 7th is not much but still I find it surprising that anyone would want Enroth this season, even if just for the AHL. He has been nothing short of bad this season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Out of my own curiosity...

2016-17: Jonathan Benier to the Ducks for a conditional pick (essentially dependent on the Ducks making to the Cup with Bernier); Jonas Enroth to the Ducks for a 2018 7th round pick
2015-16: Frederik Andersen to the Leafs for Pittsburgh's 1st round pick and the Leafs' 2nd round pick
2014-15: Korbinian Holzer to the Ducks for Eric Brewer and a 5th round pick in 2016
2013-14: Jesse Blacker, a conditional 3rd round pick in 2014 and the Ducks' own 7th round pick in 2014 (from the Steckel trade) to the Ducks for Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz
2012-13: Dave Steckel to the Ducks for Ryan Lasch and a 7th round pick in 2014
2011-12: The 30th and 39th overall picks for the 22nd overall pick (the Tyler Biggs trade); a 6th round pick in 2011 to the Ducks for a 6th round pick in 2012; Luca Caputi to the Ducks for Nicolas Deschamps; Dale Mitchell to the Ducks for Mark Fraser
2010-11: A 5th round pick to the Ducks for Mike Brown; Francois Beauchemin to the Ducks for Lupul, Gardiner, and a conditional 4th round pick; a conditional 7th round pick to the Ducks for Aaron Voros
2009-10: Justin Pogge to the Ducks for a conditional pick; Vesa Toskala and Jason Blake to the Ducks for JS Giguere; Joey MacDonald to the Leafs for a 7th round pick
2008-09: A conditional 6th round pick to the Ducks for Brad May
2007-08: NO TRADES!!!

holy crap that's a lot of trades

so basically it started when burke got to toronto

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Great deal for the leafs given they got him from free agency, he didn't work out and then they were able to get some value for him when any other team could have acquired him the previous week for free.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I'm honestly surprised that they paid anything. There's been several goalies going through wavers lately and Enroth is a downright dreadful goalie who should be able to be had for just "future considerations" aka for free. I doubt anyone else would have paid anything.

I feel like Lou's fleecing Ducks hard lately.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I'm honestly surprised that they paid anything. There's been several goalies going through wavers lately and Enroth is a downright dreadful goalie who should be able to be had for just "future considerations" aka for free. I doubt anyone else would have paid anything.

I feel like Lou's fleecing Ducks hard lately.

Ducks didn't need a goalie when Enroth or any other goalie went on waivers. Our AHL goalies are both injured so they needed a goalie quickly.e

It's ridiculous to think someone paying a 7th in 2018 is "fleecing."

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1