Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ANA] Frederik Andersen for 30th Overall + 2017 2nd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Not sure how I feel about it yet. Can't be upset though.

They're stockpiling picks to pick... but also to trade for talent, that's what people need to understand.

IAmBobo

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Such a terrible trade.

First we gave up a 2nd for get a useless overpaid bum like Bernier.

Now we give up a 1st AND and 2nd for yet, another UNPROVEN goalie

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
we have like 100 draft picks next few years and only so many contract spots for prospects. people had to expect picks getting flipped for players. And stop with 2+ rounders which seldom pan out. I'd much rather spend them on a potentially proven talent over what ifs.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I wish news outlets were more on top of details such as which 2nd rounder in 2017. :)

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Funny stuff.

I actually don't know how to feel about this. I don't think it was the move but Andersen is really good. A massive upgrade over Sparks, like it's not even close, and probably a fairly solid upgrade over Bernier at this point.

The contract scares me though.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not really sure how to feel about it. I like him, I think he has talent, but I don't love him. It's an expensive price to pay IMO, and that contract is a big question mark making the deal kind of dependant on how it turns out.

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
If Andersen is the real deal, this will turn out to be a good deal. Fairly high price, but trust in Lou's ability to spot goaltending talent.

Fear is that he played behind a great defense/team, he will have a much harder work load here.

I am ok with it. Like all deals, only time will tell.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Goalies are tough to predict .. But Lou Lam did land Schneider for a high price. Really gotta trust the Shanagement on this one.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Such a terrible trade.

First we gave up a 2nd for get a useless overpaid bum like Bernier.

Now we give up a 1st AND and 2nd for yet, another UNPROVEN goalie

So did Tampa when they acquired Ben Bishop. And San Jose did to when they acquired that Jones guy. There's risks involved. Sometimes the gm can look like a genius and sometimes they look like a fool. Hopefully this risk pays off.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Frederik Andersen has won 77 of his 114 career starts.

His Career GAA; 2.33
His Career SV%: .918

But Yeah, we are trading for an unproven goalie.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
we have like 100 draft picks next few years and only so many contract spots for prospects. people had to expect picks getting flipped for players. And stop with 2+ rounders which seldom pan out. I'd much rather spend them on a potentially proven talent over what ifs.

"Potentially proven" is a bit of an oxymoron. We'll see if Andersen works out here, but he's no guarantee. It's fair for you (and others) to be happy about the deal of course, but for me I preferred to be patient, draft and develop.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Got the much needed Goalie but seems like a bit of an overpayment.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
You guys are a bit too obsessed with picks here, we still have the 31st pick and at least one other 2nd rounder next year, we didn't harm ourselves at all.

we need roster players too, not just drafting 18 year old goalies and waiting 4-5 years for him to mature.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
If Andersen is the real deal, this will turn out to be a good deal. Fairly high price, but trust in Lou's ability to spot goaltending talent.

Fear is that he played behind a great defense/team, he will have a much harder work load here.

I am ok with it. Like all deals, only time will tell.

One thing with Andersen that I like is that he's been terrific at every level, throughout his career pretty much.

He was great in the Danish league, then absolutely terrific in SHL, then great in AHL and has followed that up with performing like a decent starting goaltender in the NHL. And he's still young for a goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad