Confirmed with Link: [TOR/ANA] Frederik Andersen for 30th Overall + 2017 2nd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
It's OK.

Andersen is a good goaltender. Those that have seen me discuss our goaltending situation knows I usually talk about getting a real solution, and Andersen has that potential. He wouldn't have been my first choice.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Funny stuff.

I actually don't know how to feel about this. I don't think it was the move but Andersen is really good. A massive upgrade over Sparks, like it's not even close, and probably a fairly solid upgrade over Bernier at this point.

The contract scares me though.

Pretty much this. I'm not going to argue to much. So I guess Bernier hasn't worked out great. But guys like Bishop and Jones have worked out in deals like this. Don't write it off just yet.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
It's relatively rare to see a goalie go for a 1st, let alone a 1st and a 2nd. Of course the 1st in this case is as late as it can possibly be. Call it two 2nds, I'm still not that excited about it. Sigh...

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I don't know if I like it... I mean the Leafs gave up a second for Bernier, and we saw how that worked.

In Lou I trust...

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
It's OK.

Andersen is a good goaltender. Those that have seen me discuss our goaltending situation knows I usually talk about getting a real solution, and Andersen has that potential. He wouldn't have been my first choice.

I am okay with it depending on how this plays out. He's IMO atm better than Bernier unless Bernier finally shows the potential he's been touting since he was drafted.

Besides, wasn't this the guy who was at one point being touted the next Lundqvist? when he was initially drafted by the canes?

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I'm not upset about this, but not exactly thrilled either. Still, I trust Lou and friends' judgement, so hopefully this will work out great for us.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
The way I see it, either we'd pick and develop our own in the form of Hart or Gustavsson with that late 1st round pick, or we trade it for an established young goaltender in Andersen. Extra 2nd as well, beating out other teams' offers.

We can still use one of our 2 2nd round picks for a young goalie in this draft regardless because the goalie we draft this year will likely still need 3 or 4 years of minor league experience before we bring them up as a back up or so. In the mean time, i think lou will try to trade Bernier at the draft.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Andersen is a terrific goalie.

We had what, 3 2nd's next year? So that's not a huge loss.

Maybe Calgary is still interested in Bernier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad