Blue Jays Discussion: TOR Acquires Francisco Liriano, Scott Feldman, Mike Bolsinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly, if it was hutch+greene for Santana I would be happy.

While I'd be ok with this value wise... Trading Hutch makes little sense given were trying to add SP depth.

If anyone goes down over the final 2 months of the season who makes those starts for you? It defeats the purpose of acquiring another SP really.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I like SRF better now than I did norris or hoffman last year, and santana ain't no price or tulo.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Who would be your ideal adds?

My top two choices are Quintana and Santiago.

Edit: Not both obviously, but one or the other (both would be nice, but expensive).

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
While I'd be ok with this value wise... Trading Hutch makes little sense given were trying to add SP depth.

If anyone goes down over the final 2 months of the season who makes those starts for you? It defeats the purpose of acquiring another SP really.

It depends on if you believe that hutch will ever be a quality MLB level arm or not.

He has been given 3-4 chances already and continuously failed.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Its not done.

590 reported it was done, broke for commercial, came back and apologized for confirming since it was a fake Buster Olney account he was getting his info from.

Embarrasing on his part.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
they are getting all their info from twitter.

ignore them, and just follow twitter yourself.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Hutch+Greene/Harris would be great. No to SRF thoug

What, how would that be great?

Santana isn't that good and his contract is awful. And if Jays are trying to get more starting pitching depth, dealing Hutch doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I'd be surprised if we gave up a pretty good prospect for Santana.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Hellickson is pretty meh too but if they're serious about putting Sanchez in the pen he's better than the other alternatives.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
We Need one or both of Hellickson/Santana by end of the day

Why?

They are a half game out of first with the current staff.

I don't think they "need" to do anything. Adding depth would be great, especially considering the Sanchez situation.

And, they can still make trades after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad